Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2015, 06:32 PM   #1

Please help get our TV off the wall!

Hello. We have a 2013 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36SBT. Our 40 inch SHARP flat screen TV keeps flashing on & off. We've researched the issue and it's dying. We want to replace it but cannot figure out how in the heck it's mounted on the wall. It's above the fireplace. You can't get behind it from the bathroom cupboards and it will not pull away from the wall. There HAS to be some sort of trick that we are not aware of. Don't want to take it back to general Rv due to a few recent bad experiences. Any help is greatly appreciated. I posted a picture (assuming I did it correctly). Thank you!
Kim from Michigan

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2015, 06:40 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the forum. Post #7 in this link gives posting photos hints.
Forums 101 - posting, photos, accounts, basics
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:04 PM   #3

FWIW have you gone to stores that sell wall mount brackets and looked at how they work?
Old 06-13-2015, 07:27 PM   #4

Picture did not come thru. However, on my coach the pantry is located right next to the entertainment center. All yo have to do is remove the slides from the pantry and all the cable/satillite wiring and the mounting bolts for the TV can be found.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike505 View Post
Hello. We have a 2013 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36SBT. Our 40 inch SHARP flat screen TV keeps flashing on & off. We've researched the issue and it's dying. We want to replace it but cannot figure out how in the heck it's mounted on the wall. It's above the fireplace. You can't get behind it from the bathroom cupboards and it will not pull away from the wall. There HAS to be some sort of trick that we are not aware of. Don't want to take it back to general Rv due to a few recent bad experiences. Any help is greatly appreciated. I posted a picture (assuming I did it correctly). Thank you!
Kim from Michigan

We have a 2013 HR with the TV over the fire place also. I replaced the old Sharp with a smart LG with WiFi etc. and mounted it on an articulating arm so we can position the TV for best viewing. Your TV is bolted to 2 large vertical brackets that have 2 screws top and bottom. You'll to carefully reach behind the TV and using a small square nut screw driver take the bottom screws out first then the top. These old Sharp TV's are heavy. Once the TV is down the brackets can be removed. I'd throw them away.

Good luck.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:22 AM   #6

You might want to keep the brackets or you will be buying another wall mount complete.

FWIW I think the TV and bracket folks have a couple of standard mounting methods that guarantee hard points in the TV case where the brackets can attach without damage. That would indicate they will probably work with your new set.

FWIW2 if the TV works but keeps going on and off check the wiring. It may be a loose connection or bad cord. If that is the case you will end up with a cheap fix or a spare TV. ;-)
Old 06-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #7

Thank you!

Thank you to everyone for the help. We are going to try again as soon as we get home. Appreciate it! I'll let you know.

Sorry if I didn't reply correctly. I'm doing this on my cell phone so it's not as easy😉
Old 06-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #8

Awesome!!! Thank you. So bummed that the TV died already but a smart TV is a GREAT idea
Old 06-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #9

Sorry. It's not going on & off but rather the screen is flashing. It's like it's having a seizure....;(
Old 06-14-2015, 10:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike505 View Post
Thank you to everyone for the help. We are going to try again as soon as we get home. Appreciate it! I'll let you know.

Sorry if I didn't reply correctly. I'm doing this on my cell phone so it's not as easy😉

Another thing to consider, the wall behind the TV is a 3/4" sheet of plywood which is the inside of your bathroom cabinet. If you use multiple 5/8" wood screws you'll have multiple options to mount a new TV bracket.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:44 PM   #11

I'm not sure if your tv is on a standard mount if it is there should be a locking screw that prevents you from lifting off of wall bracket, once the lock pin or screw is removed you should be able to lift tv and remove. Try calling Holiday Rambler Tech support they should be able to give you the right procedure. Good luck.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:48 PM   #12

I work in the AV industry and install flat panel tvs all the time.
There are a few methods of fastening the tv to the wall bracket but they are all similar.
The complete bracket is is made up of a wall backing plate and arms that fasten to the tv some have 1 arm or plate but most have 2. They mount to the tv via a vesa mounting bolt patten 200, 300,400 series. You mount the arms to the back of the tv and mount the wall bracket to the wall. Then you hang the tv onto the wall bracket just like a picture by holding the bottom of the tv out slightly and slotting the arm claws over the lip of the wall bracket and then allow the bottom of the tv go back against the wall bracket.
Now here is where you will probably find the info you are looking for.
There is usually a small hex, security hex, Philips head screw on the lower part of the arms that screw up onto the bottom lip of the wall bracket. This stops the tv from being lifted up and disingageing the the claws on the arms.
This is how they are mounted just do this in reverse and you should be able to take your tv off the wall. The screws that screw up onto the lower lip of the bracket do not have to come all the way out just undone enough to allow you to lift the craw arms off the top lip of the upper edge of the wall bracket.

Your bracket should be able to fit your new tv as long as it's the same size but you may need new bolts or screws and spacer washers to be able to mount it ( it will be metric hardware) but a good hardware store should be able to supply them.

When you get your new tv the book of words should tell you what size of metric bolts to use just be careful of length as the holes are blind and or do go through to the internal workings of the tv and you don't want to let the smoke out ( blow it up)
I hope this helps
Old 06-15-2015, 07:41 AM   #13

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote