Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2013, 03:35 AM   #15

I have one that looks like #3 and it turns off the clearence lights leaving on the tail and front parking lights on.

stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by trampsrv View Post
#1 is for DW haidryer
#2 is for sunshine
#3 is for rain
?????????????????

Thanks for the Sat morning laugh
#3 on ours is for snow, yes snow showers yesterday afternoon

Old 04-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
I have one that looks like #3 and it turns off the clearence lights leaving on the tail and front parking lights on.
You're probably referring to your ICC flash which on the OP's coach appears to be the switch immediately to the right of #3 according to the Gulfstream manual.

-harry
Old 04-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm going to say probably a exhaust brake number one, I domelight is probably number two and a fog light is probably number three here again I'm just guessing that those look like symbols similar to what I have.
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #19

Well again, according to the Gulfstream manual, #1 is almost certainly "Defroster 2 speed" as it is the exact symbol pictured in the manual.

#2 according to the Gulfstream manual appears to be one of two "Map Light" and #3 appears to be either "Fog Light" or "Driving Light"

-harry
Old 04-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #20

The most direct way to determine what the switches do is to try them. Sometimes the ignition must be on. From my Freightliner experience I can offer that #2 is for interior lights and #3 is for fog lights.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #21

Gulf Streamers Club
If you look at the PDF posted by TRAILERKING, it looks like #3 is REAR Fog lights, the symbol is flipped from the original. I don't understand why you don't turn the key and try the switches out? A quick walk around will expose the function of those switches. I don't think it will blow up with any of those switches flipped. The only way to know if it's an exhaust brake would be to drive it, unless you've got a dash light telling when it's on.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #22

Thank you everybody for the help! I think Amanda found the exact symbol in her manual.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
If you look at the PDF posted by TRAILERKING, it looks like #3 is REAR Fog lights, the symbol is flipped from the original. I don't understand why you don't turn the key and try the switches out? A quick walk around will expose the function of those switches. I don't think it will blow up with any of those switches flipped. The only way to know if it's an exhaust brake would be to drive it, unless you've got a dash light telling when it's on.

#3 is facing the wrong direction for rear fog light(s). Additionally, rear fog lights are usually European spec'd and I personally have never observed rear fog lights on an American motorhome in which the manufacturer has installed a rear fog light. Some European cars have rear fog lights. I had a rear fog light on Audis I've owned ...one red lamp with the intensity of a brake light on the left side is what is usually specified.

#3 would in all likelihood be for front fog lights.

Why would the PDF that Trailerking be more accurate than the one I posted which is directly from the Gulfstream owner's manual? Trailerking's is a generic chart. The OP has a Gulfstream so wouldn't the Gulfstream manual be the more accurate of the two?

I'm finished here.

-harry
Attached Files
File Type: pdf p. 16 of Gulfstream Owner Manual.pdf (142.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnAndChris View Post
Thank you everybody for the help! I think Amanda found the exact symbol in her manual.
Oh good, I'm glad it's solved then, DawnandChris. If you'd like me to send you the manual in an email attachment, if you don't already have it, let me know.

-harry

edit: Got your PM ...the manual is on its way.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #25

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_h View Post
...Why would the PDF that Trailerking be more accurate than the one I posted which is directly from the Gulfstream owner's manual? Trailerking's is a generic chart. The OP has a Gulfstream so wouldn't the Gulfstream manual be the more accurate of the two?

I'm finished here.

-harry
Sorry Harry, i wasn't trying to ruffle feathers, just putting in my 2. According to your Gulf Stream page, a foglight symbol is quite different than what DawnAndChris posted. I have a Gulf Stream and some of the labels on my dash don't match my manual illustrations. Trial and error taught me what they mean and do.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Sorry Harry, i wasn't trying to ruffle feathers, just putting in my 2. According to your Gulf Stream page, a foglight symbol is quite different than what DawnAndChris posted. I have a Gulf Stream and some of the labels on my dash don't match my manual illustrations. Trial and error taught me what they mean and do.
My apologies also, Bob. I just got a bit frustrated. Also, I didn't notice that you have a Gulfstream. Had I been observant, I would have seen that and deferred to your advice. Yes, I did notice that even the DawnandChris' didn't match up with the manual either. Sorry about that.

-harry