Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2015, 05:39 PM   #1

Question Plumbing issue

Newbie to this forum, been rving in one type of vehicle or other for about 35 years, never had this issue before. We have a 2011 Allegro Red, beautiful inside and out, great attention to fit and details. BUT our bathroom sink has always been somewhat slow to drain and getting a little worse now that we are retired and spending more time on the road. It seemed like the plug didn't raise up high enough, so I did crawl under the sink and managed to raise it as much as I could, still slow. I am bright enough to know I can't pour Drano in there, tried boiling water, still slow. Any more things I can try?
labcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by labcrazy View Post
Newbie to this forum, been rving in one type of vehicle or other for about 35 years, never had this issue before. We have a 2011 Allegro Red, beautiful inside and out, great attention to fit and details. BUT our bathroom sink has always been somewhat slow to drain and getting a little worse now that we are retired and spending more time on the road. It seemed like the plug didn't raise up high enough, so I did crawl under the sink and managed to raise it as much as I could, still slow. I am bright enough to know I can't pour Drano in there, tried boiling water, still slow. Any more things I can try?
First thing I would do is take the P Trap loose and see if it is partly plugged with a big hair ball or something else. Another thing is the vent pipe if it is vented. Birds nest or some other obstruction. Especially if the vent cap on the roof is missing.
Mel
Old 03-26-2015, 08:06 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Go to Wal-Mart and get a Zip-It drain cleaner! Great for lavatories, sinks, showers, etc. ! Less than $3.
Zip-It - The easiest way to clean your drains

P.S.- don't pay any attention the the statement on the package that says for one-time use only! That's a legal thing because of the sharp barbs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:35 AM   #4

Had the same problem in my 2002 Diplomat. Took the P trap apart nothing there then removed the plug itself and on the cross bar was a big glob of hair problem solved
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
At some point Tiffin changed from a P-trap to another type of drain. Look under you sink. If it looks flat then you have the newer one. You cannot stick anything down the drain as it will break the fitting. If you have the newer style then I would do like many others and replace it with a P-trap type.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:49 AM   #6

Do you have a screw in vacuum breaker above the p-trap? If so that would be another thing to check. Replacements are cheap.
jrd48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing