Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #1

Plush Beds Latex RV Mattress

Anyone able to give me a good or bad report on a Plush Bed Latex rv Mattress? Lot of money if they are not as promised. Do you have one?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #2

I don't have one but it looks good to me. I was thinking of the sleep number at 2x the price.
2 stroker

2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #3

sleepnumber beds

I would stay away from a sleep number bed in a motorhome as I have read many posts that they inflate at high altitude like a potato chip bag.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #4

Look for a 6 inch talalay latex core mattress,best latex core made and many independent manufacturers have them.SHOP SHOP SHOP,because there is a large mark up.As a past manufacturer I can guarantee that.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Go to a mattress store, lay on one and try it out before you buy. Lay on it for at least a few minutes if not longer and try it in the different positions that you sleep in.
After you try them out then shop around and do some researching online to find the best price.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #6

Sleep number at both homes. Works great with no problems from altitude. If concerned, one button push to deflate and then one button push to re-inflate.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #7

Plush bed

We have a 3" mery foam mattress topper over our standard mattress in the MH and at home and just love it. Around $130 at Costco.
Ron D 96 Windsor
Old 12-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #8

Be advised that visco elastic mattresses become bricks in cold climates. I have a Tempurpedic in my upstairs room on a platform base.

Summer, it's great

Winter, when the room is a bit cold, as I like to keep it, it does take a few minutes for your body to warm up the air cells.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
Be advised that visco elastic mattresses become bricks in cold climates. I have a Tempurpedic in my upstairs room on a platform base.

Summer, it's great

Winter, when the room is a bit cold, as I like to keep it, it does take a few minutes for your body to warm up the air cells.
I can totally support this statement. We have a temperpedic in our coach. Occasionally we leave the coach for a day or two in cold weather and just leave the furnace on a fairly low setting around 50 degrees or so. When we get back the first thing that gets done is turn the bedroom furnace to 70 to warm up the temperpedic because it will be as hard as a rock.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #10

Plush bed

Really don,t have any problem with memory foam topper being cold or hard when temp is above 50 degrees.
Ron D
Old 12-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #11

We have latex in stick house and love it. When we got the new RV we went with the sleep number bed it was just OK. We changed the foam that came with the sleep number and put on a 3" latex 'topper' and it is much better. The topper is on the inside of the mattress so it looks normal and is easier to change sheets and it straight on the mattress.
superiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelcamp View Post
Really don,t have any problem with memory foam topper being cold or hard when temp is above 50 degrees.
Ron D
Toppers usually, are not as dense as a quality visco elastic mattress and brickify less. When winter does come, that's exactly what I put on top of the Tempurpedic....3" topper.....way nice.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelcamp View Post
Ron D
Could be that way with the topper but the actual temperpedic matresses at 50 degrees get pretty hard. at 40 it is about the same firmness as granite.

I love my temperpedic that is why we own one for our MH and one for our stick and brick home. What they cost if I did not like them I would have taken the first one back during the 90 day trial period. But we know that if they are cold you have to warm them up before getting into bed.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #14

Plush beds rv matress

Just a thought. Wouldn't an electric blanket solve of the brick-like memory foam? We have one with our conventional mattress and I've got to say that it makes getting up early here in Texas, lately, problematical. I'll feign sleep to get the wife to get up and fire off the furnace. (I think she might be catching on to my phoniness)

geezerb