Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2007, 06:53 AM   #1

Hey everyone. First, Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Now then. I am going to have to give the DP a good polish/wax soon to keep it in good shape and have found two possibilities for polishes that once applied, promise long term shine. Have you guys/gals used this stuff and if so, what do you think or recommend?

http://www.poliglow-int.com/poliglow.phtml

http://www.prestoprotech.com/Boat_Ca...l#Anchor-22564

The first link says to apply a few coats every 4-6 months.

The second talks about a longer time between coats.

I know that there was a discussion/photo of someone here who had a MH fire that destroyed their gasser but the pic comment refferred to the Polyglow still looked like new on the rest of the coach. I just want to know if the expense and effort is worth it. I am looking for a once every year or two polishing since it sits outside by my house and an RV cover might be too troublesome.

Also...while I am on the subject, has anyone here applied the Kool Seal (or other) rubber roof primer and top coat to preserve their rubber roofs? If so, how did it work for you?

Thanks in advance and have a happy turkey day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2007, 06:53 AM   #2

Hey everyone. First, Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Now then. I am going to have to give the DP a good polish/wax soon to keep it in good shape and have found two possibilities for polishes that once applied, promise long term shine. Have you guys/gals used this stuff and if so, what do you think or recommend?

http://www.poliglow-int.com/poliglow.phtml

http://www.prestoprotech.com/Boat_Ca...l#Anchor-22564

The first link says to apply a few coats every 4-6 months.

The second talks about a longer time between coats.

I know that there was a discussion/photo of someone here who had a MH fire that destroyed their gasser but the pic comment refferred to the Polyglow still looked like new on the rest of the coach. I just want to know if the expense and effort is worth it. I am looking for a once every year or two polishing since it sits outside by my house and an RV cover might be too troublesome.

Also...while I am on the subject, has anyone here applied the Kool Seal (or other) rubber roof primer and top coat to preserve their rubber roofs? If so, how did it work for you?

Thanks in advance and have a happy turkey day.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I read some previous posts on this product, sounded real good. When I went to the web site, it REALLY looked good. UNTIL carefully watching the application. Looks like it can take multiple applications the first time, and then the reapplication in 6 months. I thought there was room for streaking during the initial application and need to apply several coats.

It looks like a lot more work than just applying a good wax for gelcoated products. I use P-38-Q RV and Boat wax from PRO Products. The coach still has lots of shine after one year, but I good ahead and reapply each spring. The price is right, so I don't bother using any left ofver from the previous year as it thickens making for harder application.

PRO Products

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:51 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Back in April, I posted some results on an excellent polish that I use. You can read the post here.

Good luck and I hope you find the right product for your needs.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:01 AM   #5

I used Presto on my seven year old gelcoat which was beginning to show its age last spring. I have been pleased with the results and I am currently seeing how it holds up over time. I applied one coat and found that the sides that get the most sun needed a recoat after the summer. If it take a once a year application to keep it looking new then it is worth it. Ads for Presto say it lasts four years or more. Storage in direct sun could decrease this time some.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I would like to find somthing that would last a year...