Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow looks great!

I had some issues around my vinyl striping after I first put on the Poli Glow and I think it is because there was some residual bleach/wax or something on the borders that I didn't get out. So I used the bar keeper's friend on the peeling spots and re-applied. No more issues after that.

Thanks for sharing!! Great job!!

Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have to say folks, I'm thoroughly disgusted with Polyi Glow.

I was looking back 3 years ago on Memories Facebook pictures when I first applied it and how fantastic it looked compared to the last couple years....steadily getting duller underneath the new coats.

So I called Poli Glow this morning, telling them about the dullness and the kind of not really but yet slight yellowish tint after the years in the sun and that I could never really get the streaks or runs out of the product after the first year, even with the Poly Ox/Bar Keepers. They told me that the product, like any product, wears out over the years, and that after 4-5 years, should be stripped off and re-applied. WOW! I saw nothing like that in ANY of the literature, or would have thought twice (maybe) about applying it in the first place. Don't know why I thought it would last indefinitely if I kept up the maintenance coats.....of course it would wear out....

Recognizing I have intense sun damage on the curb side from the PO use, I have been particular about keeping the maintenance coats up (2-3 coats at least every 6 months), but this time, it is too far gone to re-apply. So I have to order the Poly Strip, strip all of it off, then re-apply.

VERY Unhappy and seriously considering going back to regular wax, but the poly glow does apply a whole lot easier than wax, so ARGH!!!!!!!!

follow up: Poli Glow is going to send me the Poli Strip No charge. That helps my attitude some.....

Old 10-14-2015, 11:20 AM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, the RV detailer guy came out to wax it (orbital) and said it was a no go.

Said it would never shine up with wax, too many microfractures on the curb side and just wouldn't shine up where he tried.

SO looks like I'll be going back to my Poli Glow after all!!!

Old 10-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #18

I am happy with the PoliGlow. You can review my pictures and result posted below around 7/23/14. I did apply 3 more coats on 6/2015 and very satisfied. Just pay close attention to the instructions on how to apply, thin coats, stay with like 4ftX4ft area, maybe smaller, maybe a little larger. I did all coats in one area before moving to a new area. If you goof a coat in one of the areas, LET IT DRY and apply another. Use equal amount of coats. I will continue to apply maintenance coats most likely within 1 year of time. I live in Florida. Brutal Sun.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:52 PM   #19

Poly glow for roof?

Has any one used Poly Glow on their fiberglass roof? How did it hold up?
Thanks,
Rodger
Old 10-19-2015, 09:14 AM   #20

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So I stripped the Poli Glow from the coach, washed it, and re-applied.

It looks new again!

I can't believe how yellowish and dingy it was before I re-applied.....

Here are the pics. The street side is the least sun damaged and looks fantastic!!

Even though the curb side is terribly sun damaged, microfractures galore, it still looks pretty darn good for 13 year old coach!!

I'm very happy with the 3 weekends and 22+ hours of work results.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151018_143536005_HDR.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	109909   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151018_143237752.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	109910  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151018_143436196_HDR.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	109911   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151018_143331358.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	109912  

Old 10-20-2015, 07:54 AM   #21

Lincolnboy2, that does look like new! Was the stripping process very difficult and time consuming? I have Polyglow on my '97 Aerbus since April and so far it still looks great. It will be covered for the winter and then I'll see how it looks in the spring. Thanks for sharing!
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:56 PM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthe70s View Post
Lincolnboy2, that does look like new! Was the stripping process very difficult and time consuming? (Answer: No, it really was very easy, I bought a hand pump sprayer, and admittedly mixed it stronger than recommended, and it just came streaming off when I sprayed the PoliStrip on it....just be careful of runs, make sure you get right on it with a brush or mop and rinse thoroughly not letting it dry at all) I have Polyglow on my '97 Aerbus since April and so far it still looks great. It will be covered for the winter and then I'll see how it looks in the spring. Thanks for sharing!
I think the Poliglow lasts a lot longer than it did on my coach for the following reasons:

1) My coach had extreme damage to the gel coat curb side wall by the sun from the prior owners. 2) I further damaged it with bleach the first winter trying to remove the mold and mildew in the microfractures. 3)The Poli Prep is not a 'nice' product to the finish when it was already in a mitigated state. 4) I was not cleaning my Poliglow applicator when doing maintenance coats and somehow picked up some of the streaks and smears and it kind of 'blended in' to the maintenance coats. 5) My coach is not covered and the beating afternoon sun hits the curb side in the summer and combined with the above facts, it wore out in 3 years. When I say wore out, it was still on there, but so dingy and starting to turn yellowish, and no shine at all as the prior year's coats were wearing out/down. Now the front and back caps and the street side were still in much better shape, in fact, I was considering NOT removing it from them, until I got up to the edge where the poly strip removed some of the poli glow from the front cap and I saw how dirty the poli glow that was on there looked compared to nothing on it at all. That's when I decided to strip the whole coach and re-apply. One more thing, the sun damaged microfractured curb side takes a lot more PG than the rest of it, especially on the first 2-3 coats, because the PG soaks in to all those little cracks and really uses up the product but then coats 3-6 really wind up being a lot less product and going on much thinner/quicker.

In fact now, there is no reason whatsoever to return to a wax product knowing what I know about the Poli Strip and how easy it was to remove. I was very concerned about that years back before I applied it because I was worried about how much work it would take to remove it.

One more caution: Make SURE you get the Poly strip off the windows too. It is inevitable despite thorough rinsing as I was removing that the water spots left on the windows had some of the product that literally glommed onto the windows. Especially the front/windshield, it was really bad. So I had to go back once I was finished and use the Poly strip on a dishtowel to strip the dried residue of water spots from the Poly Strip...nothing else would remove it! That stuff is amazing, but I'm glad I had enough left to clean the windows off afterwards....