Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBabb View Post
I say be vocal and get your story out. If nothing else it warns other buyers to avoid these dealers. I disagree that buying from a dealer should be a buyer beware situation (within reason). That's why many pay more for the service of a dealer vs a private sell. A good dealer gets premium as an expert opinion and a product professionally evaluated. They trade in at a lower value and sell at retail so the margin pays for needed repairs to bring the units up to good condition. A salesman is supposed to be serving his customer. Maybe Im just old fashioned, but I say hold professionals accountable for the service you are paying them for.
Buyer Beware no matter who you buy from. Everyone lies so expect to be deceived by anyone at any time. Buying from a private party is risky, I don't care for it. If your dealer isn't bending over backwards for you, then have a sit down with him and play the moral and guilt cards.

Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2015, 05:26 PM   #30

RIPOFFREPORT.COM! The one time I used it there was a link on the Company's web site they couldn't get rid of

Old 01-03-2015, 05:30 PM   #31

who was the dealer
Old 01-03-2015, 10:01 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes! Name the dealer!
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:22 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
The OP indicated it was Sicard RV.

from their website:

"Family Owned & Operated Since 1968

As a family business it’s our goal to make you feel like you are part of our family. Our many years of experience and customer satisfaction ensures that your needs will be met.
Through the hard work and dedication of Omar and Marjorie Sicard, what began as a modest RV operation with 2 hard-top fold-down trailers has grown into something special..."

I would suggest talking to the service manager, sales manager etc. and if you can't get satisfaction, get a lawyer...
Old 01-03-2015, 10:40 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Don't need to say this ONE more time but here goes....

Buyer Beware.

Most used coaches are sold to the new buyer "as is" with no implied warranty. That's the way I bought mine HOWEVER I knew exactly what I was buying and what condition it was in because I spent a day and a half going through the entire coach to inspect every inch of it plus making sure EVERYTHING worked.

Bite the bullet and suck it up.

Start looking for another coach and this time I bet you will make sure it is exactly what you want. Trade in the lemon and get yourself one that you can use Full-Time instead of letting it sit in the driveway.

I did and have loved it for the past 11 years.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 01-03-2015, 10:40 PM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinewalker View Post
I would suggest talking to the service manager, sales manager etc. and if you can't get satisfaction, get a lawyer...
Defense lawyer holds up contract buyer signed: "Is this the contract you signed when you bought the RV? Is that your signature at the bottom? Buyer says: "Yes". Lawyer says: "Did you read the part that says "Sold AS IS"? Buyer says: "Yes". Lawyer turns to judge and asks for the suit to be thrown out, Judge says: "So ordered"!
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Or you could estimate the costs of repair and make the best of it......or could you trade it in on a newer one? Motor homes do have a background, it's up to us to inspect it, or pay someone to do that.

RVs can be disappointing many times over, and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Try to repair the majors and then trade it in if you can't live with it. Good luck....not all is lost, hang in there.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:35 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Defense lawyer holds up contract buyer signed: "Is this the contract you signed when you bought the RV? Is that your signature at the bottom? Buyer says: "Yes". Lawyer says: "Did you read the part that says "Sold AS IS"? Buyer says: "Yes". Lawyer turns to judge and asks for the suit to be thrown out, Judge says: "So ordered"!
Well, maybe not. Ontario has a good set of consumer protection laws and if the motorhome indeed has mold in it I think it shouldn't have been sold without "disclosure"

I'm not a lawyer. But, the first consultation is usually free...
Old 01-04-2015, 06:03 AM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinewalker View Post
Well, maybe not. Ontario has a good set of consumer protection laws and if the motorhome indeed has mold in it I think it shouldn't have been sold without "disclosure"
I have to agree, particularly when it involves a defect which could effect the safe operation of the vehicle.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:21 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth123 View Post
.......cracked bathroom sky light cracked causing massive leak in back bathroom to be full of mold. Leak in front windshield that has ruined the front console and causing so much smell.possible mold ....

Industrial ozone machines can do miracles with mold and smells. The ozone in high concentrations kills the mold period. I paid $600 for mine. You might find a company to rent one to you for a few days.

A mobile RV mechanic should be able to reseal the windshield and fix the cracked skylight. Get the leaks fixed......give it a BIG dose of ozone.... And then it will probably be close to normal again.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:04 AM   #40

Flood damaged?

From what I read it sounds like flood damage perhaps even a unit that should have been totaled. Water in the headlights? Waiting months to give them the title. I think a lawyer can do something even on an "as is" when fraud is involved.
Sometimes when an owner gets notice that they are going to be sued for fraud they talk to their employees to find out what was done. If not then there are outlets such as the local paper, large signs on the RV that is set up in a busy area near the dealership, local news station may have one of those stick it to them reporters.
Everyone should go take business classes from their local college. The stealer ship will have spent considerable amounts to teach their employees how to get the most for the least.
People need to understand they are not buying canned goods from the local grocery store, they are making a major purchase.
Hope you get it worked out and don't let it ruin your life, learn from it and move on.
Sorry, I keep getting those voices in my head that say things like "a fool and his money are soon parted" , " it's a dog eat dog world", "education is expensive" they came from experiences just like this one so this kind of stuff has been going on for many years. You are not the first one, been there, done that and got the tee shirt for it, applies to most of us.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:19 AM   #41

Not to beat a dead horse, but as my grandfather told me. If you walk to town and ride back on a three legged horse, you should have learned to count during the walk. When we bought our 2003 RV from a very large dealer in Florida, I did an inspection myself. I showed up with fluid sampling gear, a creeper, coveralls, flashlights, and camera. The salesman was quite suprised. Fortune smiled on me and I got a good coach. Problems I found (mostly minor) helped me negotiate a good deal. If you can't do due diligence yourself, hire a good inspector.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:25 AM   #42

Last month we purchased a 2006 Itasca Horizon from a very reputable dealer. Before taking delivery we lived in the MH at the dealers campsite for three days . During that time we found a few "deal breaker" problems but they were immediately fixed to our satisfaction. Since taking delivery I have found a few more things but they are mostly wear and tear items. So for us, living in it before taking delivery worked out well.

On our way home, just 50 miles from the dealership, the MH developed a Turbo Charger problem. That is when our problem with the dealership began. I made numerous calls to the salesman and the service department but got no satisfaction. Then, after three weeks, I called the "General Manger" of the dealership who contacted the Service Manager. The next day I had an appointment with my local Freightliner service center and the problem was resolved. We are fortunate that the dealership did the honorable thing and paid for the repair. So, in my case, I just needed to speak with the right person.

The OP might need to have a lawyer speak to the right person.

KD4XR is offline   Reply With Quote