Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Steer clear (get it!) of Camping World, not the best for chassis repair. Try this link:

RV Service Reviews

Should be several in your area, after all, it's not like you live in the wilds of Kentucky!

cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What chassis do you have? It must be either Chevy or Ford. I'd start with a Chevy or Ford Heavy Duty truck service center. I don't think Camping World does any chassis work. Be thankful for that.
jt

harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
Steer clear (get it!) of Camping World, not the best for chassis repair. Try this link:

RV Service Reviews

Should be several in your area, after all, it's not like you live in the wilds of Kentucky!
Haha! No, I live in the big ol' city! I have used one of those repair shops before and actually forgot about em. I'll give them a call tomorrow. But from all my researching online I have a good feeling that I have a warped brake caliper. I don't think it's alignment because I can hear and feel the rig pitch to the drivers side every time I hear the noise.

My thought is that the rotor is hitting the brake pad and causing that pitch to the left. I can also feel a pulse in my brake pedal when that happens. I don't notice it at higher speed braking but notice it while breaking at low speed.

Now I just need to find a spot to park and jack up my rig and take a look!

Again, thanks for all replies.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
OP's rig is a 1992 and can't find a shop to work on it. Possible case of "age discrimination?"

Did you get the brush off before or after you gave them the year of the coach? Just a shot in the dark. The shop I use just did a repair on an old coach which was brought in on a flatbed trailer. The bill is now more than the amount the owner paid for it. The shop has not been paid after several attempts to collect and it now sits on the lot and looks like the POS that it is. I wonder what the new policy will be by the shop owner when it comes to working on old MH's?
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
OP's rig is a 1992 and can't find a shop to work on it. Possible case of "age discrimination?"

Did you get the brush off before or after you gave them the year of the coach? Just a shot in the dark. The shop I use just did a repair on an old coach which was brought in on a flatbed trailer. The bill is now more than the amount the owner paid for it. The shop has not been paid after several attempts to collect and it now sits on the lot and looks like the POS that it is. I wonder what the new policy will be by the shop owner when it comes to working on old MH's?
Yes I most definitely felt age discrimination today. Most places (even with RV repair RIGHT in the name of the shop) said "no, we only do alignment." Or, "no, we don't really do that kind of work, we just work on engines." So on and so forth.

Most places, as soon as they heard the year of my coach said, "Nope, sorry. We don't work on those".

It was a frustrating day. That coupled with a 10 month old screaming her head off from me driving all over town to different shops didn't help my sanity either. I have a friend with a nice long, flat driveway that I can park my rig and take a look for myself. I know that most repairs will be done by me on this thing so I might as well get into it while we still have our sticks and bricks for the next 2 months. I will update this thread in a few days when I get time to work on her.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #20

With the age of your unit I would consider replacing both calipers and rotors so you know you have good brakes ready to go.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:54 PM   #21

Any heavy duty truck repair shop should work on your MH. That link to service reviews should do the trick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bttravel View Post
With the age of your unit I would consider replacing both calipers and rotors so you know you have good brakes ready to go.
If I may, add replace brake line hoses at each wheel position while working on the brakes. I have seen where a brake line failed on the inside and would not allow the hydraulic pressure to release after using the brakes, causing this exact problem.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #22

Try RP Williams in columbia i lost all drive shafts on 840 and was towed there they replaced all 3 drive shafts all u joints and yokes at a reasonable price with quailty work
Old 04-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #23

Getting new tires on my 2012 Thor Tuscany, replace Goodyesr G70 with Hurcules. My dealer said they use inserts to balance tires. Anybody know anything about this
Old 05-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #24

Got them installed, bag balance and low and behold, no wobble after getting rid of G70s. Seem to be okay, only time will tell