Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2014, 09:45 PM   #141
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Joe View Post
No slide but quite a spacious upgrade from our truck camper.
That's an understatement.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #142
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchrome View Post
Well we have just about rebuilt her to a new condition....outside...new decals,...all painted areas redone...new interior and flooring...and all mechanicals all redone...total investment including the RV purchase two years ago...$34,000

Attachment 58862

Attachment 58863

Attachment 58864

Attachment 58865
How about more of the story?
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:41 AM   #143
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Looks good Glenn.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:48 AM   #144

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
How about more of the story?
Well 3 years ago my wife was told she needed a kidney transplant or within 5 years her time would be up. We are avid Harley owners and would ride everywhere with our bikes while I pulled a small trailer behind me. Once we were told we began a search for a donor and found one within 4 months,,,her best friend...during the extensive hospital stay...35 days...she told me she wanted to go to Sturgis if she could. I began to search for an RV and after talking to hundreds of people selected the Holiday Rambler model I have today. Why? Quality and construction...

Being a OCD person I began to go over the entire unit. At first the drive line was checked and serviced. Air bags added front and rear...new exhaust on the generator and all hoses and belts replaced....then last summer off to Sturgis and not one problem in 3500 miles. This past fall I worked with a friend and redid all the decals and polished this entire unit myself...big job.

This fall and winter removed the entire interior and remove the flooring and carpet. Found some soft spots...repaired them with new flooring...sealed the wood and new carpet and tile added. Wife with a friend recovery the dinning set with new leather and fabric...

Added a TPS system last month and just bought a newer closed trailer to pull....Tennessee this summer and also Lake George for a week each....this unit may be 14 years old but she does not look it or act like it and I am very proud of my investment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1464325793.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	404.3 KB
ID:	59395
Old 03-28-2014, 06:11 AM   #145

Name:	image-4041045810.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	693.3 KB
ID:	59397

This is our 96 Safari Sarengeti with 3126 cat allison 6 speed 40' no slides but dont need them with the floor plan it has lots of open space we love this coach only has 48,000 miles . the wife and I have got all the kids married and its just us 2 so it is perfect for us and a lot cheeper than a new one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-104386605.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	572.0 KB
ID:	59396  
Poohbear7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:57 AM   #146

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Well 3 years ago my wife was told she needed a kidney transplant or within 5 years her time would be up. We are avid Harley owners and would ride everywhere with our bikes while I pulled a small trailer behind me. Once we were told we began a search for a donor and found one within 4 months,,,her best friend...during the extensive hospital stay...35 days...she told me she wanted to go to Sturgis if she could. I began to search for an RV and after talking to hundreds of people selected the Holiday Rambler model I have today. Why? Quality and construction...

Being a OCD person I began to go over the entire unit. At first the drive line was checked and serviced. Air bags added front and rear...new exhaust on the generator and all hoses and belts replaced....then last summer off to Sturgis and not one problem in 3500 miles. This past fall I worked with a friend and redid all the decals and polished this entire unit myself...big job.

This fall and winter removed the entire interior and remove the flooring and carpet. Found some soft spots...repaired them with new flooring...sealed the wood and new carpet and tile added. Wife with a friend recovery the dinning set with new leather and fabric...

Added a TPS system last month and just bought a newer closed trailer to pull....Tennessee this summer and also Lake George for a week each....this unit may be 14 years old but she does not look it or act like it and I am very proud of my investment.

Attachment 59395
Incredible. Just the labor alone. Just parts for under $35k is astonishing. Hard to believe. That is a great (GREAT) coach. I wish i have more time to tinker. My interior is completely un restored.... would love to go through it.
fkloster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #147

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkloster View Post
Incredible. Just the labor alone. Just parts for under $35k is astonishing. Hard to believe. That is a great (GREAT) coach. I wish i have more time to tinker. My interior is completely un restored.... would love to go through it.
The cost is materials and some labor that I could not do myself...plus I know a lot of very helpful people. Carpet and flooring cost was $2400 for all materials and labor to install. I took everything out and with a great friend repaired a few soft spots and such. Plus I know my RV from top to bottom....and I know that I can take her anywhere..

tires are 5 year old Mich tires and will change then in 2 more years...

I ride a 18 year old Harley with 100,000 miles so I understand taking care of my toys,,,is love toys,,.

Name:	image-3720746423.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	59404

Name:	image-1735361476.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	483.8 KB
ID:	59405
Old 03-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #148

Quote:

Attachment 59395
Outstanding job!!

Coach is beautious!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:02 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear7278 View Post
Attachment 59397

This is our 96 Safari Sarengeti with 3126 cat allison 6 speed 40' no slides but dont need them with the floor plan it has lots of open space we love this coach only has 48,000 miles . the wife and I have got all the kids married and its just us 2 so it is perfect for us and a lot cheeper than a new one.
Came very close to buying a Sarengeti. But, the seller was very slow to answer questions, painfully slow. His loss.

I really loved the themed interior of those coaches.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:05 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
Came very close to buying a Sarengeti. But, the seller was very slow to answer questions, painfully slow. His loss. I really loved the themed interior of those coaches.

Yes we were looking for something on the cheep side even if it needed a little work since im handy with this kind of thing and we run up on this one at a dealer in S.C. that was buying repos and selling them as is . He would go through the power train and make sure it was running right and the rest was up to you so this one caught our eye with a great floor plan for us we just love it, only give 17,500.00 for it and the rest of the coach is good only had to straighten out some wiring on the batteries they had all the batteries tied together, fix some lighting, and had to do new tires was the biggest thing. but we are slowly getting it in good shape using it as we are working on it. like someone said above its a great way to get to know your coach, plus its a labor of love.
Poohbear7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #151
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
There has not been any posts to this thread in a while, I'm sure there have been new purchases of older Motor Homes since the last post.

I love the character these older motor homes have.

Let's see some new posts here.

1993 American Eagle 38' Diesel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #152

Can't believe I have never saw this thread before. Just purchased about five months ago. Changing up the interior this winter.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #153
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
I knew there were more out there, come on post some more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #154

My 1994 PaceArrow I had for over 12 years before purchasing the Country Coach above.

I know it's to old for this thread but this wa our first drive Moho. Newmar Londonaire. I think it was a 84

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vintage