Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Posting for a friend

I have a good RV buddy that has a 2000 Georgia Boy Landau w/ diesel engine. He has a grab handle by the front door that uses a bent clear tube . The tube is held at both ends by a bottom and top chromed medal piece. this tube appears to be about 1 inch. I have found on a surplus site several tubes. But are all of these the same size. He has done so much for me that I would like to do something nice for him. I don't know the mfg of this grab handle . Any ideas would be helpful.

darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by darbyjudy View Post
Any ideas would be helpful.
How about this:

RV Door Locks, handles and baggage locks

Look for part number: 46953

I recently had to change my entry handle because the chrome started peeling off and left sharp edges and ugliness.

03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
If its just the acrylic handle, cut one off an old tub surround..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
You can buy replacements if the bulb is out you can just buy a bulb. I saw one guy who went out and got some heavy duty electric plastic gray conduit pipe and made that into a handle. I'm not sure but the plastic handle maybe the same on them all the difference I've noticed is that the chrome heads have either a 3 screw or 2 screw attachment system. By the way I picked up and LED replacement bulb at Lazydays in Fl.
Good Luck
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IF the problem is that it does not light up you can re-build the light easily, They use two different light assemblies,

One is a standard light builb, Which can be easily replced, any auto parts place or gas station should have the bulb.

The other is an LED.. Now the LED ones can be a problem (MINE WAS) I had to modify the circuit after the first led went, and a replacement went, I made a small change in another component and,, ,So far (Checked it last Wed) It still worked fine.

I can give you a l ist of parts and mods I did to the light, only 2 parts and enlarge a hole. I canged the resistor, I believe I used 650 Ohms (600-700 should work) and a JUmbo LED from Radio Shack, (Why I had to enlarge the hole) IF I'd have used a standard LED I'd have had to use a slightly larger resistor.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
Freightliner Owners Club
Handle on my Landau is not lighted, replaced only the tube section due to crazing of the clear plastic. Local plastic supply had 1" lexan rod, he put a slight bend to match original. About $20 total. Took the entire handle for a perfect match.
Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The problem is the lexan tube broke.

darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote