Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by willisclarke View Post
Here I go again; not having an informative manual I keep making mistakes. The finky Owners Manual I have only tells you that you have switches for various functions, but does not tell you where they are or how to use them. I did all the troubleshooting steps recommended for the Power Converter, and did not get any voltage to the two 6V batteries which I have run dead. I started the engine and, I am getting 14V to the coach and the chassis batteries. So, coming in the door, at the top, are two "kill" switches, marked "aux" and "main." I don't know which direction to press these rocker switches; is pushing at the top activating the "kill" (the direction I had them), or deactivating? If I had the kill on, then I guess I could understand the 14V when the motor was started. Anyone know how these switches work, or can help me understand whats going on? I thought my Power Converter was defective, but now I'm not sure; this is a 1998 Bounder 28T, with a Chevy cha
Pushing the rocker switches at the TOP activates the battery connect. Pushing at the bottom activates the disconnect.

The 14volts is coming from your engine alternator and is fairly normal.

Even if your disconnects are in the disconnect mode, the aux start/charge solenoid should pick and apply that 14v to the house batteries as well as the chassis battery.

If you can read a schematic and follow trouble shooting instructions, you can print this document and find your problem.

If you are connected to shore power, or are running the generator to use the converter to charge the batteries, the batteries must be connected (rocker switches pushed at the top)

The document will spell all this out.

If you need more help, PM or e-mail me. I have a 1997 Bounder and am very familiar with the electrical circuits.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The link to the schematic and procedure document given in my previous post will remain valid for 24 hours.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
What I haven't seen in the threads since you "lost everything" is if you plugged a lamp, radio, or other 110 volt device into the shoreline outlet. Very possible you lost it. Make sure your refer is on GAS if it is turned on and no one should probably use the microwave or a floor heater. Once you have that checked be sure to mark those switches with dymo tape or leave a note nearby. I always think I will remember those things but don't.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #18

Here is pdf for the battery control center and troubleshooting
Attached Files
File Type: pdf feetwood battery control center.pdf (214.6 KB, 24 views)
3wheeljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #19

here is the pdf for the battery control center with troubleshooting. I have the wiring for the sw's but not tilltomorrow if need them.
Call fleetwood or on line the will send you wiring diagram free !!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf feetwood battery control center.pdf (224.3 KB, 36 views)
3wheeljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wheeljunkie View Post
here is the pdf for the battery control center with troubleshooting. I have the wiring for the sw's but not tilltomorrow if need them.
Call fleetwood or on line the will send you wiring diagram free !!!!
The switch wiring is included in figure 1 of that document. I should know... I drew the whole diagram.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #21

Power Converter Bad

I had to take the converter out (dropped a fuse inside), but it allowed me to test the input, there was none. I guess the comment about GFIs being the culprit is accurate, however, I don't know where my problem is located. All of the GFIs inside the coach work well; I also looked at the breakers in the black box, they appear OK. I'm going to start going through the Schematic sent to me to see if I can locate a source. In the meantime, if any of you have an answer I would be most grateful.

Willis
Old 12-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by willisclarke View Post
I had to take the converter out (dropped a fuse inside), but it allowed me to test the input, there was none. I guess the comment about GFIs being the culprit is accurate, however, I don't know where my problem is located. All of the GFIs inside the coach work well; I also looked at the breakers in the black box, they appear OK. I'm going to start going through the Schematic sent to me to see if I can locate a source. In the meantime, if any of you have an answer I would be most grateful.

Willis
Unless your rig is wired differently from any Fleetwood that I have ever seen, your converter is NOT plugged into a GFCI outlet. However, stranger things have happened.

Call Fleetwood Customer Service (or go here) and request the wiring diagrams for your coach. Have your VIN and FIN ready along with make/mod/year.

As I recall, the converter ac receptacle is NOT a dedicated receptacle, so other things in the coach should be inoperable as well.
In my '97, the front entertainment cabinet shares circuit #3 with the converter.