Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #1

Power Gear Auto leveling sys

I have the Power Gear automatic leveling system in my 2005 Airstream diesel pusher Freightliner chassis with the cockpit touch pad # 500629. They work very well and I have always leveled by pressing Auto. There are time when I would like to tweak the level somewhat usually to raise the front just a little in order to have the AC condensate flow toward the rear. The instructions that I have cover the Auto mode and the Manual mode but not have to made minor adjustments after the auto mode has leveled the coach. Is this possible, thanks
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #2

Great question!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #3

I have a "Level Best" system in my unit that also has auto and manual functions. After using the auto mode, I can then simply use the buttons to "fine tune" if desired. I would expect that yours might likely work in a similar fashion.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
After auto level and it stops hold manuel button till the lite comes on then you can tweek it till you get it where you want it. On ours the front is always a tad low so I do it all the time. There is a way to reprogram autolevel if it is way off.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo Tom View Post
I have a "Level Best" system in my unit that also has auto and manual functions. After using the auto mode, I can then simply use the buttons to "fine tune" if desired. I would expect that yours might likely work in a similar fashion.
That is what I was wondering. But didn't see any reference to this in the instructions that I have or in operation manuals found by Google searching.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77hmstd View Post
After auto level and it stops hold manuel button till the lite comes on then you can tweek it till you get it where you want it. On ours the front is always a tad low so I do it all the time. There is a way to reprogram autolevel if it is way off.
Ok I will try that thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Yes - you can adjust it manually after it has levelled it self. Have a look at page 4 in the manual. This is better than me trying to explain what to do.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
Yes - you can adjust it manually after it has levelled it self. Have a look at page 4 in the manual. This is better than me trying to explain what to do.

These are the same instructions I have, thanks for the pdf to save as a backup on my computer. I will try the manual adjustment the next time I have the coach out. In looking over the preventative maintenance section I am going to follow the steps outlined and keep ongoing records. To check the fluid level I will need to see if my system has a dipstick or check the fill port if it doesn't. Any thoughts
Old 09-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
My fluid reservoir has got a dipstick attached to the plug. However - I never use it. It has no "level mark" on it.

I wait until the system starts to chime, and then I add little bit. There is a weep hole at the end of my tank. I am meant to fill the tank until it comes out of that hole. I don't use that either.

Someone will probably slap my wrist for writing this, but that's how I do it, and it works for me.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post

\

Followed the instructions for manual operation and all worked fine. Thanks

Tags
leveling, power, power gear