Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2015, 07:31 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good news for Fleetwood Owners. I emailed PG about these slide out motor boots.
Cliff,

From us you can only get the complete motor and boot as this is how we bring it in here, we don't have it broke down to individual parts. If the coach is a Fleetwood, they can go to Fleetwood and can get a boot only as Fleetwood has setup the boot as a separate part number for themselves. If it is not a Fleetwood, none of the other OEM's have done this and they would have to purchase the complete motor. Thank you.

Bill

Power Gear/Kwikee Technical Support

* Find a Retailer to order parts

* Identify Parts

* System Lookup

* Technical Documents

* Diagnostic Videos

Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 6:41 AM
To: Power Gear
Subject: Rubber slide out motor boots

Good morning Bill and Tony. Hope you all had a Happy Holiday.
There is a member here at irv2 that said Power Gear slide out motor boots ( his are cracking ) are only available with the purchase of the entire motor. Is that true or is there an outlet for these separately ?
Thanks as always
Cliff

Sent from my iPhone

Actuant Corporation Email Notice

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have received this email in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return mail and permanently delete the copy you received.

Thank you.
Lippert Components - Chassis, Body, & Interior

NYSEW

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message including attachments, if any, is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Others may be able to purchase from FW as well. It's worth a try.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:47 AM   #17

I don't have the boots yet. still looking. thinking about fabricating my own. Thanks for the information Cliff. I'm sure others would like to see that.
Only other part I need is a new spur gear for the 3rd rail. Do you think I can order the part thru PPL Parts? They are a Power Gear distributor.

Thanks
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:21 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you tried getting the gear and boot from Fleetwood?
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:37 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
My Power Gear motors are both mounted up high in the basement compartments or inside under the bed and not exposed to weather. I don't see how they would impacted severely by the boot cracking since the lever comes out through a long slit in the boot.

The lever releases the brake. The brake is electric.

The boot does keep some dirt out but not a big deal.

Just take a large Zip lock back and put it around the motor and use a zip tie to hold it in place.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #20

The three power gear motors I'm referring to are outside, at least #1 & #2 the gear on #3 is in the electrical compartment.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:45 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is just a thought.. There is a produce heavily advertised on TV (Flex Seal) I have a can of it I bought for a project where I felt it was the ideal product (Turns out I was right).. This is a spray on rubber coating.. Well when I got done with the job I bought it for I had a good portion of the can left over.

My sewer hose, on this site (I have different hoses depending on how long I need) is the original hose that came with the RV,, Long ago I cut about a foot off and made a "Sewer end" adapter of it so I can use assorted extension type hoses. Well this short section had a couple of pin holes.. Sprayed it down twice, No problem since.

I had some damage to my car, this resulted in the windshiled washer bottle rubbing against the front tire,, A major slice resulted,,, I put about 4 coats on that and it now holds fluid.

Wondering if spraying the boot with this stuff (When the jack is new) would keep it from leaking, and possibly cracking?

And check it annually or semi-annually

About 15 bucks a can. Wal-mart, Dollar General (Where I got mine) and other stores.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[ QUOTE=wa8yxm;2375474]This is just a thought.. There is a produce heavily advertised on TV (Flex Seal) I have a can of it I bought for a project where I felt it was the ideal product (Turns out I was right).. This is a spray on rubber coating.. Well when I got done with the job I bought it for I had a good portion of the can left over.

My sewer hose, on this site (I have different hoses depending on how long I need) is the original hose that came with the RV,, Long ago I cut about a foot off and made a "Sewer end" adapter of it so I can use assorted extension type hoses. Well this short section had a couple of pin holes.. Sprayed it down twice, No problem since.

I had some damage to my car, this resulted in the windshiled washer bottle rubbing against the front tire,, A major slice resulted,,, I put about 4 coats on that and it now holds fluid.

Wondering if spraying the boot with this stuff (When the jack is new) would keep it from leaking, and possibly cracking?

And check it annually or semi-annually

About 15 bucks a can. Wal-mart, Dollar General (Where I got mine) and other stores.[/QUOTE]

We have had members post here that have used it and claim it's been working.Personally I'd rather have new boots if possible.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:06 PM   #23
Cat

I have been unable to get the rubber boots for the original style motors from Fleetwood or power gear. The updated motors ( larger diameter motors) the boot is available. I' m going to order the new style boots and modify them to fit mine my motors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3010001428.pdf (511.8 KB, 38 views)

Tags
jacks, leveling, power