Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #43

Good gesture from Power Gear

I tried several RV places to buy a couple of shaft seals with no luck. So I E-mailed Power Gear support and ask where I could buy a couple of the seals, since I wasn't having any luck with the places I called. A Tech named Bill e-mailed me back and told me he would send a couple for free. What a good will gesture. I thought I would pass this along since mostly all you hear is the bad stuff.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #44
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for sharing that good will gesture. Bill and Tony are the ones that have helped out a lot of members here.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #45

I got the bearing turning free no resistance at all, maybe I'll try the wild side like John. I'll take the new bearing off the new motor and install the motor only, maybe I will add a little bearing lube and see how it goes.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #46

Penetrating oil called Blast or something like that, anyway it did the job, it made the bearing look almost new.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #47

Power Gear jack system

We have a 2006 LaPalma MH. IT has Power Gear jack system. When we retract the jacks and check to see that they are completely up and fluid is full, the alarm still goes off. The only way to stop t he alarm is to disconnect the panel on the dash. I have talked to PGS and they have been very helpful. Now I need field input as to what I might be dealing with.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #48

Great news Zipp. Glad to hear that your bearing is moving freely. Lube it up well and hopefully that will do it. One more note. On the very top of the motor there is a little cap that is held on with 2 small screws, make sure that you pack some grease in there and also make sure the C-clip is on properly otherwise it will squeak.
On another note, about my double heart valve surgery, I am on day 13 and on the way to 100%. BTW - I live in Canada so guess what - no bill, so I get to keep the MH. I hope that my good friends to the south get the healthcare stuff sorted out soon.
John
John Stott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #49

I Did it!!!!

I finally got the bearing out. Man what a job! I had to knock the shaft seal out from the motor side and it didn't come out easy, it took more then a couple of taps,more like a couple of smacks! Then the rusty bearing, after treating it with that penetrating blast stuff for a week and hitting as hard as I could, it finally come loose today. Now for the putting it back together, first the shaft seal, gently taping it in, not a chance. The seal just would not go in evenly, it would cock to one side or front or back, finally it was kind of cocked to the left a bit, so I just took my hammer and knocked it in, then they rest of the way with a socket and hammer and not with love taps. I cleaned the port shaft with steel wool added some oil and it was still a bear getting it in. The next hard thing was getting the tank back on. There is very little room to get a wrench on something, let alone your fingers on those little screws. Also your cramped in-between the grill and radiator, but I did it. I put the motor on, added the Transmission fluid and hit the jack button and Lo and behold it worked!!! Total cost $216.00 for the motor, $26.00 for the fluid and $20.00 for a couple of tools that I thought would help. Way better then $800.00 that a RV dealer wanted to charge me. Thanks to my Mighty Wife for helping me and John for your support. PS. John how are you doing, getting better and better each day? We are still praying for you. Denny & Mighty Wife
Old 10-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #50
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good deal. Happy for you. Thanks for the update.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #51

Great News Zipp and your mighty wife. Perseverance ought to me your middle name. The satisfaction is all yours my friend.
The way this Power Gear jack system is set up, I would think that there are a lot of RV'ers out there that have/will be experience the same issues that you and I did. This shows that we can DIY. Happy travels and thanks again for your prayers, my health is getting better every day.
John

John Stott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, power, power gear