Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #1

Power to refrigerator

Just purchased a 2002 Monaco Diplomat. All worked fine on the drive home. Now that we have had it home a week, we cannot get power to the refrigerator. Checked the breaker, fuses, power is okay at the plug. Coach is plugged into shore power. Searched the manual - what am I missing?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
refrigerator

I'm no expert but do you have an option to have it run on auto? Try pushing the auto if so equipped. Does the interior lamp come on when the door is open?

Maybe someone who knows will jump in and help.

Tom

Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check inside the Refrig/freezer door frame for a rocker switch. This turns power on/off the control board. The control board draws a couple amps even with the refrig off, so keep this in mind when you aren't using the RV and it is not plugged in (i.e. if you leave it on and your battery drains in 3 days).
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #4

It sounds like either your inverter isn't on our you might be plugged into a socket does't have power on when inverter is on. Check to see if you have power on plug socket when on plugged from shore power.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
paz

Is the 12V disconnect switch on? The circuit board needs 12V even though you are plugged into shore power.

When you say the fuses are OK, did you check the ones on the circuit board? I don't know about Dometics, but Norcolds have a 120V fuse and a 12V fuse on the board.

If you have a 4-door Norcold, have you had the recall done. If so, is the red light lit on the recall box clipped to the coils behind the fridge? If the light is lit, the box has tripped, which means either the box is bad or the cooling unit is bad.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check outside the coach by removing the vent panels. Inside these is where the unit plugs in. Gfi. May have tripped and there are also more fuses inside this panel as well.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like you checked power at the location where it is plugged into and it is working properly.

If it is a Norcold could it possibly be the high limit temperature sensor has tripped? This was part of a recall on some Norcold refrigerators.
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I see in your profile you are in Riverside. I'm staying in Anaheim. If you don't figure it out I could stop over one night next week.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #9

On the Norcold, check the 12v power to the control board under the outside cover. power goes to the high limit safety board strapped to one of the pipes, and then from there it goe s to the control board. Make sure you have 12v to the 12v power lug on the main board from the safety circuit.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for the help. It's great to know what a great support group this is. Refrigerator issue has been solved -- the recall replaces a box - think it's the overload switch box. Anyway, a local repair place told me to slowly run a magnet over the top of the box and that would re-set it. It worked! Repair place said they were replacing this box right and left - finally got this tip.
Thanks again!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh F View Post
Thanks everyone for the help. It's great to know what a great support group this is. Refrigerator issue has been solved -- the recall replaces a box - think it's the overload switch box. Anyway, a local repair place told me to slowly run a magnet over the top of the box and that would re-set it. It worked! Repair place said they were replacing this box right and left - finally got this tip.
Thanks again!
Glad you got it running, and thanks for the followup post. Some others might find that tip useful in the future.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2002 Dip. I have two sources of AC power in the outside cabinet behind the reefer.

One source is from the Inverter. The other receptacle is protected by the GFI breaker/receptacle in the toilet area.

Good Luck. Just ask if you have questions.

Keith.

ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, refrigerator