Originally Posted by lms1943
I have been searching for a pressure washer that dispense soap under pressure to wash our motor home. I've looked at Northern Tools, Sears and the big box stores with no luck.
Has anyone have one or know of one.
You don't indicate whether or not you'll be keeping this unit with you in the coach or, keeping it at a permanent residence. If this is to be a mobile unit, as in real small so it fits in compartments, you'll most likely want one that hovers around oh, say about 1000 psi. or less. And, most of those, will have a water gpm of about 1.5 to 2.5 or there-about.
We carry a small Karcher one that I think is around 1300 or maybe a bit less and, about 1.5 GPM. To me, it's not a big deal about spraying the soap solution or not. If I can't clean the coach in a campground which, about 99.9999% of them won't let you, then this is what I do:
1. I find a K-Mart or, Walmart of any empty, large parking lot or, even a larger rest stop if one's available and, park in the corner, out of the way of folks.
2. Break out a 2 gallon bucket and fill it with a soap solution.
3. Break out the tiny pressure washer and, hook it up to 120VAC and, my own water supply.
4. I also break out my little 6' fold-up step ladder.
5. I start by wetting down 1/2 of one side of the coach.
6. With my trusty soft brush, soap down that wetted part.
7. Rinse that side and, wet the other section on that side of the coach.
8. Then, do the same for one end of the coach.
9. Then, do the same for the other side and, finally the other end.
All this takes the wife and I about 20 minutes start to finish, wash and rinse. Then, we break out a couple of those Costco yellow microfiber towels and dry it all down. That takes another 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. I then put it all away.
I've probably used around 8 gallons of water total. But, there's basically no water run-off what so ever so, there's no puddling. The really cool way would be to have some sort of soft water system or, deionized water system so that NO DRYING IS NEEDED. But, that's not happening.
As to where we bought that little Karcher, not a clue. It's been with us for over a dozen years. Maybe try ebay, craigslist, Amazon etc.