Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #43

I have the same year and model but have not had the mechanical problems you describe. I've had a good number of other issues though.

You may want to consider a Cummins service place as opposed to Freightliner. It sound like it might be more of their issue. I had a problem with the DEF tank (leak) and took it to Freightliner and it took them 5 days to figure out and fix the problem. They later said it was a Cummins part that caused the problem and that's why it took so long. I think it was more just inept mechanics.

Good luck

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #44

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a new 2013 Eliipse 42GD. Winnebago misrouted the wire to the controller next to the bathroom and the first time we lowered the bed to wire to the controller was severed in two.

One thing the material we received with our unit specifically states is that the air in the bed MUST be bled off to below 25 in both mattress halves before the head of the bed is raised.

On our unit the gearbox on the head raising unit broke after about 2 weeks. It's in the shop now awaiting the parts for it to be fixed.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largeandy View Post
Thanks Gary....yes the mountains in Pagosa will be a good test. Thanks for your helpful comments. I will let you know of my progress with issues I reported.

We really do like the new rig, lots to love about it, I guess I also have to realize is that the 43 foot tag axel weighs 44 k pounds or so as oppossed to 32k pounds in my previous Phaeton 40' DP.

HAVE ALSO HAD SOME ISSUES WITH THE KING DOME......will have to get a dish guru to help me out on that one.

Thank you again.

Andy
Andy -- Sorry it took so long to get back in touch... We have spent the last 3 months in the mountains and with temps up into the 100's have had no problem with over heating OR anything else. This is a super rv and I have high hopes it will remain trouble free... 5000 miles in 4 months.
How's things with your unit?
rvgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
We have a new 2013 Eliipse 42GD. Winnebago misrouted the wire to the controller next to the bathroom and the first time we lowered the bed to wire to the controller was severed in two.

One thing the material we received with our unit specifically states is that the air in the bed MUST be bled off to below 25 in both mattress halves before the head of the bed is raised.

On our unit the gearbox on the head raising unit broke after about 2 weeks. It's in the shop now awaiting the parts for it to be fixed.
I recommend removing total air pressure before bed retract. I have had no problem since I've been using that prociedure... Before, it sounded like the motor was straining.
rvgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:32 AM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvgary

Andy -- Sorry it took so long to get back in touch... We have spent the last 3 months in the mountains and with temps up into the 100's have had no problem with over heating OR anything else. This is a super rv and I have high hopes it will remain trouble free... 5000 miles in 4 months.
How's things with your unit?
Gary

Good to hear back from you, glad all is well. Had to take my 2012 Ellipse to a FREIGHTLINER dealer in Lubbock, Texas....they found problems with my emissions controls, my odometer read out instrument and completely repaired the issues. Engine now runs with much greater power and does not over heat. I then had to take my rig down the street to Southern Tire in Lubbock wherein they found my front side Passenger tire (Michelin) to have a factory defect.......the coach now drives very smoothly as it should have in the first place. Michelin has agreed to reimburse me the $900 I was out of pocket to replace the bad tire, they were very cooperative. I fault the Winnebago factory driver for not having the common sense nor responsibility for not having noted this issue upon driving it to the dealer I bought the unit from.

I have had problems with my NAV device and the audio portion of my IPod doc and sound issues and plan to take the coach to La Meaa RV in Tucson on a Trip we will make to California in October. My slides have worked well and I only had one time with the Master bed lift problem.....all In all, the slides work better than any previous DP I have ever owned.

I have had a lot of bugs to work out but I do really love the coach.......we have about 3,300 miles on it now. Winnebago factory really needs to look at the Tiffin model of customer service.......Tiffin still runs circles around Winnebago's more corporate and less customer friendly service. I have spent tons of time waiting on hold trying to get someone at Winnebago to hear my issues. That is about as black and white as I can state the matters.....love the coach.....but we have been saddled with a lot more BS than anyone should ever have to put up with on a new and expensive coach......having said all this......the issues are now settling down. I still plan on writing the CEO do Winnebago and giving him a pretty good piece of my mind.

Safe travels to you.......

Andy
Old 12-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago issued a recall on their powerlift beds in Oct/Nov 2013 (at least for 2013 models I'm not sure how many years the recall is for). We just had it done to ours last week.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello Trekkers,

What did they do to the pwrlift? How did you know about the recall?

I have not had any problems with mine yet, It's only two months old.

Thanks
Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
We received a letter from Winnebago. It is possible that your was manufactured after they realized the problem and your unit has the fix installed already.

The fix had to do with replacing the actuator sensing switches on the head of the bed. They replaced the module. Other than that I can't tell you what was involved.

Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote