Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
Powersystems hydraulic jack reservoir location on HR Ambassador

Hello - I need to locate the leveling jack hydraulic fluid reservoir as I need to add some fluid but am not having any luck locating it on this 2009 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. I think I can see the hydraulic pump system to the right and above the generator in the front compartment however I can't find the reservoir.

There is a reservoir in the rear right panel beside the engine compartment, but that appears to be the power steering hydraulic fluid reservoir I believe.

Any thoughts are appreciated as it is probably right in front of my eyes!

Rainman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
"Rainman13"......On the driver's side, just in front of the rear wheel is a louvered door with barrel locks. Unlock this door and lift up. Behind this door is the das A/C condenser (looks like a radiator). It has the same barrel lock. Unlock this lock and the condenser swings out and will support the outer door.

Look inside the bay and you'll see a large pump/tank laying on it's side. It will probably be filthy from fluid leakage and road dirt. You should spray it with a good cleaner and rinse with water. Getting dirt in the system will cause make your needle valves not to seat and cause the jacks to slowly retract. In the center of the tank will be a breather cap, which is also the fill cap.

Lower your front jack 6", open your driver's window and turn the ignition switch to either ACC or ON, which ever position that will make your jack alarm sound. (You'll need to be aired up or you'll hear the low air pressure alarm.) The window is opened so you van hear the alarm sounding from the tank while filling it.

Go to your tank and start filling it slowly with ATF. At some point you should hear the alarm shut off, which means the tank has the correct amount of fluid.

While you're in that bay, there should be some "T" type valve handles. These are the handles you turn if your pump quits and won't retract. They will release pressure on the jacks and the springs will bring them up.

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:10 AM   #3
Many thanks for the information so quickly Dutch Star Don! I will follow those steps hopefully today and will drop a note back

Old 11-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
Those instructions ended my wild goose chase as that was exactly where the hydraulic jack system / reservoir was! Once I filled the reservoir to the top of the dipstick, reset the LSI controller pad and did a manual jack test all is working good now.

Thanks again!

cat, power