Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #1

PPL--great customer service

We all tend to report our bad experiences with vendors. But I just received a quickly shipped order from PPL Motor Homes that included some self-leveling sealant. They sent the wrong color. When I notified them, they immediately sent out two tubes of the correct color at no charge, and without asking me to go through the hassle of sending back the others.

Yeah, I know--not much money involved. But it surely is a good sign about their customer service, wouldn't you say?

Van W 2000 Dynasty 36 pulling one Harley
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have always received top notch service from PPL and also RV Upgrades.

We had ordered a convection M/W from PPL along with a trim kit for cabinet installation. We picked it up at the store. The trim kit was not included. We were staying about 40 miles from PPL at the time. When we called, they apologized and sent the trim kit overnight at their expense.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #3

This is great information as I see they have a location in New Braunfels and I'm in Austin. Its good to have another resource besides Crestview who I generally use. Thanks
Wizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will add kudos for PPL too. I have purchased accessories by mail order to SoCal because of better pricing including shipping than buying locally

Everthing was shipped correctly and quickly.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #5

I too have purchased from PPL on occasion. As with any business, they don't always have the lowest price on the product I need, but PPL's customer service, shipping speed and help on the phone have always been outstanding - I will continue to order things from them when needed.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #6

Ditto. PPL is my go to place for accessories & parts.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzel View Post
This is great information as I see they have a location in New Braunfels and I'm in Austin. Its good to have another resource besides Crestview who I generally use. Thanks
New Braunfels location has little to no parts. It's primarily an RV sales operation.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #8

PPL Class A's

Glad I found this thread.
Well,
My daughter got accepted to University of Denver so we are going to need to buy our RV soon.
I have decided on a Class A gas but we may be OK with an inexpensive deisel.
I have been looking at the PPL inventory.
New Braunfels is good for us since we live north of Austin.
I was at first going for a Winnebago,then a Gulfstream but now with what I read a Newmar or Tiffin are a good bet.
If we buy an older one like a 2000 or so,is it still a safe bet?
We are aiming for 2003-2007 if we can keep it at 50000 or less.
I have seen older ones for 25000-35000 for example.
So Im curious about people who own older model RVs and what you think.
Floorspace and room because of our large family of four legged kids.
Jeff Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #9

I had a bad experience. Ordered a generator transfer switch on the web,,, 5-6 days later no shipping notice, call up. Don't worry it was back ordered it will be here Monday. Not sure why it didn't say back ordered before or right after I placed the order.

Monday comes and goes, no shipping notice. Call back on Wednesday, it will be here in 3-4 days. I mentioned that I was told Monday, and no response.

I canceled the order, and ordered one on amazon, had it a few days later.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Canuck View Post
Glad I found this thread. Well, My daughter got accepted to University of Denver so we are going to need to buy our RV soon. I have decided on a Class A gas but we may be OK with an inexpensive deisel. I have been looking at the PPL inventory. New Braunfels is good for us since we live north of Austin. I was at first going for a Winnebago,then a Gulfstream but now with what I read a Newmar or Tiffin are a good bet. If we buy an older one like a 2000 or so,is it still a safe bet? We are aiming for 2003-2007 if we can keep it at 50000 or less. I have seen older ones for 25000-35000 for example. So Im curious about people who own older model RVs and what you think. Floorspace and room because of our large family of four legged kids.
You might want to start a separate thread for this.

We got a 2000 a Newmar Mountain Aire Diesel Pusher last year. We have owned various TT for 10 years prior. The best advice I have for you is to make sure there are maintenance records and they jive with OEM maintenance recommendations. Beyond that, being able to service as much as possible yourself as there WILL be things on a 10 year old plus coach that have been overlooked. Finally, always carry a loaded credit card and towing insurance when traveling. We haven't needed our towing service yet, but have had to get repaired while on a trip.

All that being said, we love our coach and would not be in a DP if we didn't get a 12 year old mh.

Newmar quality is fantastic! It will stand up to decades of use.
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #11

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
You might want to start a separate thread for this.

We got a 2000 a Newmar Mountain Aire Diesel Pusher last year. We have owned various TT for 10 years prior. The best advice I have for you is to make sure there are maintenance records and they jive with OEM maintenance recommendations. Beyond that, being able to service as much as possible yourself as there WILL be things on a 10 year old plus coach that have been overlooked. Finally, always carry a loaded credit card and towing insurance when traveling. We haven't needed our towing service yet, but have had to get repaired while on a trip.

All that being said, we love our coach and would not be in a DP if we didn't get a 12 year old mh.

Newmar quality is fantastic! It will stand up to decades of use.

Really appreciate the input. Will do!
Jeff Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #12

iRV2 No Limits Club
I very rarely order anything on line. I am a "want to see it and touch it" type of guy.

Now have ordered twice from PPL. Excellent service both times.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #13

I have order from PPL several times. Always the right part and fast shipping. I will continue to order from them.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
I too have to add my praise for PPL. I have ordered from them many times and their shipping is so quick sometimes, I don't know how they do it. Their customer service is knowledgeable, first rate and prices are good.
kirk7678 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service