Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #1

PPL motorhome New Braunfels

Was wondering if anyone is at or going to PPL in New Braunfels in the near future and could give a unit a quick look.
Thanks Mike
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Just noted your question... will be leaving the house @ 10am cst today and going right by PPL N.B. @ 11am
What unit?
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:14 AM   #3

OMG 2005 Monaco Dynasty COUNTESS for Sale - D137NB - PPL Motor Homes this one.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I was there yesterday and looked at that unit.

I did not care for that unit. Pretty much everything you sit on needs to be re-upholstered, the sofa was especially nasty. My overall sense, road hard, hung up wet.

Myabe Hal will have a differnt take.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:44 AM   #5

Thanks guys, I really appreciate looking at this for me. Hal pretty much said it was a POS. I talked to the sales lady three times and every time she was telling me how nice it was and that she would buy it. Told me they don't work on commission they are on salery so she could say that and wasn't pushing it. I specifically asked about the condition and date code on tires she called next day and said they were 4212 and great shape. Hal informed me they were a hodge podg of tires with cracks from 2010-2011. On another forum they seem to rave about PPL. They list it as Very Good +. I kinda fell like I was very misled.
Thanks again for looking at this for me. We sold ours last week and are looking for our next. The search continues.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
With PPL, some of the coaches they have listed as Excellent or Excellent plus are open to wide interpretation. Often they ask the seller to check the condition on the RV and they do not challenge it. SO a visual inspection is the best way.

We have seen E + unit with water stains on the wall and carpet, soft floors, etc.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good to hear Hal had the same opinion. Everyone looks at stuff differently and has different tastes and opinions of what is good and bad. I was very hesitant to call it a POS, but that is the best description one could give for it.

I am with you on the PPL deal. Lots of people rave about them, that is the only reason I went down to look at a couple coaches. To me, that is the absolute worst place you could take your coach to sell. They dont care about the coaches, they just sit out in the weather and get hammered. They don't clean them or do anything to them to take care of them. We had some crazy high winds come through recently, they did not take the slides in on any of those coaches, several awning were ripped and torn up as a result.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:03 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I noticed from the photos the couches have some pretty big sags in the cushions. Either a very heavy person or kids jumping on them would be my guess. What about the frames if the cushions are like that? Good thing you passed on this one.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I noticed from the photos the couches have some pretty big sags in the cushions. Either a very heavy person or kids jumping on them would be my guess. What about the frames if the cushions are like that? Good thing you passed on this one.
Maybe just a "full time" unit that is showing its age.

A lot of the praise for PPL is due to their excellent parts department and customer service.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Maybe just a "full time" unit that is showing its age.

A lot of the praise for PPL is due to their excellent parts department and customer service.

I guess. It sure wasn't for the honesty of the saleswomen in my case.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes, the "Appearance Rating" at PPL can be capricious at best. The coach I just bought they gave a rating of "Very Good" and I thought it was excellent. The coach I sold they gave a rating of "Good+" and I thought it was merely fair to good.

Go figure.
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome