Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2018, 12:11 PM   #15

I bought my 2008 Bounder from PPL in Houston. It was 2 years old with 2,800 miles on it. Original owner bought it and never used it, still had stickers and labels everywhere. Price was less than half of new price. Then they sold my 1 year old travel trailer for almost what I paid for it. I will do business with them again if I ever need another RV, or want to sell the Bounder.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #16

American Coach Owners Club
Buying from a consignment dealer, like PPL is the way to go and where one can make all the low ball offers they want, without having to watch the seller cry.
Almost like having a lawyer in court for ya and whereas you don't have to testify.....lol
This is what we experienced with our last purchase two years ago and with NADA low book, still more than what we paid.
We found what we wanted pretty quick and not far from home, even though our criteria was a bit narrow of having to be like new, have low mileage, the exact floor plan and with the color scheme we wanted.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:04 AM   #17

We sold our 5th wheel there and we also bought our present rig. Both experiences were good. We live close to PPL so it's handy for us when we need parts or service.
The Houston PPL service department is the best I've found or worked with and is my go-to shop. They are not perfect (don't have to be perfect to stand out in this industry....) but they have always been fair and reasonable in correcting their mistakes, and have been a good source of advice as well.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:34 AM   #18

I have never bought a coach from PPL. I'm a long way away from Texas so doing so would be a problem. However, I have bought parts from PPL and I will say they are my first choice for doing so. Their pricing is the lowest on average of any mail order store, the selection is the best I have found and the shipping prices are the lowest I have found.
If you don't already have one I would highly suggest you request a copy of their parts and accessories catalog. The catalog is over 1" thick and is a virtual wish book for any RV owner. All in color and a great selection of brands for individual parts. Best of all it is free including the shipping.
The service is the fastest of anyone I have ordered parts from too.
5 star rating from Lynn.

Tags
motorhome, motorhomes