Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelledan View Post
I would even go so far as to call Newmar, explain the circumstances, and ask they help by applying some pressure to their product dealer to do the right thing for the customer and replace the damaged coach with an undamaged one. While the manufacturer actually has no responsibility in this case, it is the selling dealer who actually represents them. I don't think Newmar would enjoy the adverse PR that this situation could cause.
I guess I don't see how this would cause any adverse PR to Newmar? It was clearly an accident by the salesman and not anything Newmar had any control over.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2014, 12:32 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would at least have them repair it before I made any decisions. If they fix it to your liking ask for some money off or credit in the parts department.... and don't be cheap! If the repair isn't ok, just walk away.
I have the same type of door on my Vista 35B. I made a wooden dowel to hold the compartment door open enough that it misses the slide. I only use the factory hold open when the slide is closed.
jwbinmd1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #31

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I just want to know why a slide in could hit a basement door? Who designed this thing. That is not supposed to happen? Anyone disagree? Something wrong with this coach other than the obvious damage?
Our Sportscoach has two position lifts on the vertical doors. First position keeps it below the slide. Second position is about 150 degrees for better access when the slide is retracted. Makes sense and is user friendly.

As always we have to make a quick check around the coach before extending, retracting, leveling, dumping air etc.
mvpmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:21 PM   #32

Very simple problem, don't sign, don't take, don't do anything until its fixed to your inspection or it's yours.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:53 PM   #33

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrooks View Post
On my previous motorhome (2001 Georgie Boy). There was an interlock system that would prevent the slides from being operated if the basement doors were open.
My 2000 GeorgieBoy has the same grounded pin switch interlocks, Very troublefree, switches also provide ground for compartment lights. Would be easy to find a switch that did not close..

OP: If the damage is repaired to your satisfaction, with a full warranty by the dealer, go camping..
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:47 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
If and when they say your unit is repaired and ready for pickup, and your still worried about the slide it's self being bowed stop at Home Depot and pick up a cheap Laser Pointer. You'll be able to sight it down the side of the slide and see if it's bowed or not.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase