Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Pre-purchase inspections in texas

I am thinking of purchasing a 2000 Newmar Dutchstar 3859 and I want to have a thorough Coach and mechanical inspection done before I buy. I found a group online at rvinspect.com. Has anyone ever used them or know of any other inspection services provided around New Braunfels. This groups description is very thorough and includes all the rv system, engine and chassis. I just want to make sure they are a legitimate company. I cannot find any reviews online.

Keith Finch

ekfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #2
We've never heard of them but we don't have a high-end coach and we do not know of anybody who owns a luxury coach either. That place specializes in high-end luxury coaches so I would imagine that their prices will be very high.

One place we have heard good things about from friends and when we are staying in the Houston area is RV Masters. I'm not sure if you can get the coach to Houston or if RV Masters will come to New Braunfels for a fee. You'd have to ask them. I would think they may for a fee.

Here's their webpage pertaining to their pre-purchase inspections: --click here

I just looked them up on RV Service Reviews and they have excellent reviews except for one. --click here

amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #3

You might check with Carver RV repair out at Canyon Lake (see their website). The owner used to be the service manager at CW in New Braunfels. I have also heard that Iron Horse in San Antonio is good (also has website).

Also $350 - $500 is usually the going rate. I paid $350 a year ago in Houston but found a lot of problems after I bought the coach. Things that inspection should have caught. Nothing major but still things that required repair. Guess you get what you pay for. Whatever you do, don't use an inspection service the seller recommends!

Good Luck,
2001 Cruisemaster/300 Cat/2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring/Acme Tow Dolly
wimberleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Texas is a big place, where is the coach located?
2005 Kountry Star 3907, ISC330, Spartan chassis, M&G braking, Blue Ox Aventa XL
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
With New Braunfels between Austin and San Antonio I would call some dealers and ask for a referral. Start with San Antonio as it's closer - then Austin if no dice. A service center might know someone and have dealt with them. I know it's a little like a fox going to the hen house but they work for the one that pays them and that would be you. Also - check with some CGs in the area and ask about mobile techs. Some are really quite experienced and could do a good job for you. PDi is a business that needs development - but demand is probably low so not many "companies" or affiliations around. Good luck.
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote