Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #1

Precision Temp dies after about an hour

We are in Alberta and starting to pack up to start full timing Feb 1st. However my Precisiontemp twin temp system cuts out after about an hour of running. I shut the main 12v switch off for about 5 min and turn it back on and it fires up and runs good. Then after about an hour it dies again.

It seems like it might be a board and after given a chance to reset its ok again until it dies again an hour later. Lots of propane to the system and no apparent air locks.

Anyone have any ideas? I can take it to the dealer next week but given they are an hour away the more I can learn and fix on my own the better.

Thanks
Kelly
KBolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #2

Possible some heater lines are restricted causing the unit to slowly overheat till the safety turns it off. After it cools you can restart it
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #3

Now it appears the pump kicks in but the boiler doesn't fire up. I spoke to the dealer and going to take it to them. I'm also going to spend time with there senior tech and learn some tips/tricks. We bought this last June and the predelivery was quite overwhelming given the number of new things for us to learn. Heck all the switches on the dashboard can be overwhelming when you first sit down. Now we are quite familiar with the coach I think it's time to learn more specific things.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Yep, I know what you mean about being overwelmed. I have been around cars and airplanes forever, and so many times I have to get in and operate a "new one to me". Whew !!!!

Try it one that the owner has made several "mods", and forgets to tell you about them.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #5

Turns out it was the pump that was failing and wouldn't allow the burner to kick in. One more of those NEW RV things solved. Looking forward to the reliability of a used RV with new features. :-)
Old 01-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #6

They have had some trouble with the blower pumps but are supposedly using a better one now
newmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #7

Apparently the pump is about 3 times the size now. They aren't doing a recall but replacing them as customers report the failure. In my mind that action alone gives them a failing grade. Love the hydronic heating though. :-)
Old 01-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #8

I had so much trouble with mine and they replaced the whole unit. It now works flawlessly
newmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote