Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #1

Pressure Pro TPMS Sensor

Thinking about ordering the system and was wondering if anyone had the problem of someone taking off the sensors (stealing)?
rodallg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2015, 09:06 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hello - I have had mine on for 11 years with no problems. You can get a locking nut that requires a small ignition wrench to remove the sensor if you like.

Alan
02 Windsor 40 PKD
str8six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

We have also had them for 11 years and never lost one to theft. Coach or toad. I'm sure it has happened to someone, somewhere, but it's not something we worry about. There isn't much market for used PP sensors, so the only likely thief would be another camper who lost one somehow and decided to take a shortcut on replacement. Few RV parks have that sort of problem, though.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:36 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I have also had them a long time without problem - except when I got a front wheel to close to a log in a rural area in Alaska and that was my problem. I broke a valve stem and the end with the sensor flew off into the brush. Had to pull that big wheel and get it into the car and take it to a town to have the stem replaced. First time I ever used the torque multiplier I carry & kind of hope that's that last time.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Since PP tire sensor batteries are not replaceable, stealing one off of a tire would not guarantee the thief a usable unit. However, a person with malicious mischief in mind could make it a problem for you.

That said, I've had mine now for seven years and have never lost one yet. Many times I leave them on the toad for quite a while before remembering to pull them off....none lost there either.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #6

Had mine 7-8 years and no problem. Now that i've said that................
sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:19 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
I just installed my 507 set and I am very happy with the product and support. I received mine pre programmed for the coach and toad. Flow thru on the coach. I had another system and threw it out.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:37 AM   #8

Ditto on all the above re long-time, no swipes. AND, due to my CRS affliction that flares up more and more frequently, sometimes I leave the sensors on the toad for awhile after returning from trips.

My concern is 100%, "Awwww man, I wasted some battery life," vs. "oh good, they didn't get swiped."

To some of the above folks - I have had mine about 7 years now. Been pondering doing the swap, but I think I saw $39 if you swap, and $50 new.
1. Gary, and str8six, are you on the originals still? Did yours quit, if so about when? did you remove during off season?
2. Know of anyone who took them apart to see what battery # is in there (PressurePro would not be manufacturing batteries, so....) For the $11 difference, I am going to keep 2 back for autopsy, but not just yet, since they are all still fine.
Civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:50 AM   #9

If you only have CRS you are doing good. I also have CSS and CHS. DW tells me the CHS is not new. Supposedly I've had it for as long as we have been married.
sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:02 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've had the PP system for about 6 mths. Mine is integrated with VMSPC. 9 out of 10 sensors work flawlessly. I have not been able, nor has "Smart Systems Technology", figured out why the 10th position doesn't work. Very disappointing. This is not a cheap system and I don't think it unreasonable of me to expect it to work. When I last spoke to Mark Overholt, from SST, I left it with them to figure out, it's been a few months now and I have yet to receive a call back or solution. I have been unable to be more aggressive in seeking a solution as I'm dealing with my own significant health issues and frankly while not happy about the kit it's way way down on my list of important things.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote