Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2015, 07:49 PM   #15

Thanks everyone, I looked at both Vistas. There was a little wear & tear (as to be expected) we started to look closer and noticed two bubbles on the body which caused us some concern and we moved on. Not sure if it was delimitation, etc. After looking closer, we noticed a few minor holes on the shutters, etc. Long story short, we stepped away. It's still a lot of money and we want to love our RV and not feel like we settled.

They tried talking us into an ACE 30.1 but I'm not sure why but the ACE never really appeals to me. It was new, had the full body slide but saw some minor craftsmanship issues such as the laminate pealing in a few areas, etc.

They showed us a Georgetown and really tried making a deal on a 2016 Georgetown 30x3. I wasn't really ready to pull the trigger on it so I offered a pretty low offer of $75k. I think they would have gone for $80k. I think it's more RV then we need with the outdoor kitchen, etc. Because I didn't go in prepared to make an offer on a Georgetown, I took the sensible approach and decided to be patient and not shoot from the hip..

With that said, we're going to be looking at a 2016 Used Fr3 that I listed previously. It's only got 4000 miles and being that we're in CA I assume that about 2k of those miles were transport for the factory.

After looking at used models today the concern I kept coming back to is that the there was no warranty on the used models. I guess that's the trade off when you get a good deal on a used model. With that said, I'd like to hear thoughts on extended warranties? Do they cover issues with plumbing, AC, etc or are they strictly mechanical engine, body, etc. My assumption is that the ford chassis will still be covered on the Fr3 but wondering if people recommend purchasing a warranty on a used unit.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2015, 08:05 PM   #16

To put those used prices in perspective figure a minimum of 20% off MSRP for a new rig. The things I would be concerned with a rental are stuff like the refer or body damage\repairs. A renter may not pay attention to how level the mh is and absorption refridgerators can be permanently damaged by running out of level. It can be a costly item to fix. I would walk away from any unit that had body damage\repairs.

PbdBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbdBlue View Post
To put those used prices in perspective figure a minimum of 20% off MSRP for a new rig. The things I would be concerned with a rental are stuff like the refer or body damage\repairs. A renter may not pay attention to how level the mh is and absorption refridgerators can be permanently damaged by running out of level. It can be a costly item to fix. I would walk away from any unit that had body damage\repairs.
I agree. I think from here on out I probably won't look too close at the rentals. Not sure if I'd ever be fully relaxed with it. The Fr3 I'm going to be looking at is a trade not a rental. Even then I seem to have the concern of no warranty..

Tags
class a