Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2015, 12:26 AM   #15

Update:
Well it's now 10 days post episode. We have finished our business in Texas and are headed back to Kas Vegas via California. No recurrences of the problem. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop though...

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2015, 02:13 AM   #16
TSM

Could you share the name of the shop that did your flooring? Did you purchase the flooring and take with you?

TY

Old 10-31-2015, 02:21 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Update:
Well it's now 10 days post episode. We have finished our business in Texas and are headed back to Kas Vegas via California. No recurrences of the problem. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop though...

I know that feeling all too well.

Good luck!!! Safe travels!
Old 10-31-2015, 03:38 AM   #18
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Still waiting for the other shoe to drop though...

That's one of the worst feelings in the world. But at least it's a first world problem.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Could you share the name of the shop that did your flooring? Did you purchase the flooring and take with you?

TY

The company (individual) that did our flooring is a member of this forum. Ernie Ekberg
www.ernieekbergflooring.net/
We purchased the material in Weatherford with Ernies help and input.

firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:49 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Problem near Albuquerque. Need help.

Fire doc.... (FL chassis, Cat 3126). For what it's worth, I had a similar type occurrence about six weeks ago when the engine derated but then cleared itself. We were able to pull codes with help from FL. We continued a few hundred miles with no problem, but stopped at a shop when we got to one. They called HEUI pump failure based on fault codes. We made an appt the next week for the expensive replacement, but then cancelled after I did some research and talking on my own. We are now in KY, another 1000 miles on, running smooth as a sewing machine.

The HEUI pump is a high power gear driven pump that pressurizes engine oil up to about 25-30000 psi, (yes, 30,000) and then uses that ultra high oil pressure to raise fuel injector pressure up to about 7000psi. Apparently there are several fairly innocuous circumstances that will cause symptoms similar to pump failure, thus generating fault codes and sometimes derating relating to fuel pressure. In our case we had been parked for several months, and I think the engine oil was somehow the culprit.

Now, if you're on a FL chassis, there is a way you can pull fault codes yourself. With key on (but engine off), and cruise control switch off, press and hold the CC Set button on the end of your directional signal lever. After several seconds the Check Engine light will start blinking in a numerical sequence representing the Cat engine fault codes. For example, 3 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, longer pause, 1 blink, pause, 7 blinks, end, would indicate fault codes 35 and 17. You can easily find a fault code listing online. Mine is a 2002, so may be different than yours, but if you call the FL Help Line (800 385-4357) they can tell you exactly.

Good luck!

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12
'02 DS, FL, 3126, '04 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:21 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
An aside about the floor.

We had Ernie do the entire floor from front to rear in our 45' Monaco. Ours was a big project with a lot of tile to rip up and about 8-10% of rotted sub floor from the previous owner not maintaining the slide seals. It took him 16 working days to do the job. Ernie is a real craftsman and his finished job was well worth the trip to Weatherford for us.

I guess I really should make a separate thread about the floor and will do so in the near future.
super_rep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:06 PM   #22

Made it back to Las Vegas with a side trip to SoCal and no further problems.
BTW I did find that I had a valid Good Sam roadside assistance in effect. Thought it had timed out but according to GS still in effect. That must be why everything worked ok.

Tags
need help