Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #1

problem with no power to duo thermostat

my duo termostat has no power, will not light up, bought new one still have same problem, checked 3amp fuse up in a/c's where do i start looking now? e-mail me any help to staplebubba@msn.com
thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler1 View Post
my duo termostat has no power, will not light up, bought new one still have same problem, checked 3amp fuse up in a/c's where do i start looking now? e-mail me any help to staplebubba@msn.com
thanks
Stapler 1, welcome to iRV2, for more complete information please post your type of coach, and year, then other owners will be able to help with main fuse panel location. My rig has fuses in 5 location; 2 chassis and 3 coach.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:34 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Check out this iRV2 Forums - Files - Heating and Cooling
There are other pdf files I can upload if you need them but I will need model number of the unit you have as well as how many furnaces and/or hydronic heating unit model numbers.
Be sure to check for 12vdc on the unit's control board and take the T'stat to the unit and plug directly into the control board with a short cable. If it works you may have a bad cable.
Let us know what you find.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #4

Check the transfer switch if you dont find a blown fuse.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Most wall thermostats will use the 12 vdc from the furnace heater. It sounds odd that you are asking about your AC, when I say check the fuse to your furance.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #6

[QUOTE=stapler1;978399]my duo thermostat went out with the display going out first then the light a second or so later. the theremostat has no power, will not light up, bought new one still have same problem, checked 3amp fuse up in front and rear a/c's , checked all the fuses in the panel in bedroom closet, all breakers are on. where do i start looking now? e-mail me any help to staplebubba@msn.com
thanks
I have a 2006 holiday rambler neptune diesel pusher
Old 10-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv wizard View Post
check out this irv2 forums - files - heating and cooling
there are other pdf files i can upload if you need them but i will need model number of the unit you have as well as how many furnaces and/or hydronic heating unit model numbers.
Be sure to check for 12vdc on the unit's control board and take the t'stat to the unit and plug directly into the control board with a short cable. If it works you may have a bad cable.
Let us know what you find.
i took a phone cord with 4 wire connector pluged into the front a/c and still nothing
Old 10-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilking View Post
check the transfer switch if you dont find a blown fuse.
i checked the fuse under the 120volt panel where there is a circuit board and fuse which i think is the transfer switch, fuse and led light is green and ok, i;m pluged into 120volt now, tks
Old 10-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #9

Do you have a 4 or 5 button Comfort Control Center (CCC). There a different troubleshooting manuals for each. RV Wizard gave you a link to the 5 button CCC above
12VDC to the CCC is typically supplied from the front AC unit. There should be a 12VDC circuit for the AC.
You cannot use a standard telephone cable as it is not wired correctly. The information is in the troulbleshooting manual. Not uncommon for the RJ-11 connectors to get corroded and need cleaning.

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Just went thru this one of the Rj connectors need to be reversed like ethernet cables are, the Dometic manual shows the connection, (available from Bryant in PDF format) the test cable should light up your board.
biggerjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #11

There is a switch outside in the furnace comartment.Don't know how but maybe it was turned off.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thermostat

Hi,
I couldn't replace mine but I found a guy who could repair it. I had juice to it but wasn't going any farther. An rv repair person couldn't fix it at a campground and suggested I would have to replace it. I have the e-mail address of the guy if you can't get it replaced
Old 03-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #13

have a 2001 monaco - signature.
both thermostats do not light up
the three top heat pump/ ac have 120vac
suggestions
shadowsusi
thanks
Old 03-11-2012, 04:53 AM   #14
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsusi View Post
have a 2001 monaco - signature.
both thermostats do not light up
the three top heat pump/ ac have 120vac
suggestions
shadowsusi
thanks
Hello and . We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
Be sure to have 12vdc feeding one of the three units. If you find that you have this voltage let us know which unit it is in relationship to the coach and we can go from there. You might also just pull the thermostat, disconnect the data cable and re-install. If you have dirty contacts at this point it may clean them up for a good connection and bring it back to life.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, thermostat