Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #1

Problems with 2014 Thor Hurricane

I just purchased a new Class A hurricaine. Brought it home 2 weeks ago and I am having problems with it. It leaks and I have no AC no defrost or heat in the cab. I purchased from Camping World in NH and live in Mass. I called Thor and was told tuff we will fix it but they won't replace it. It's 2 weeks old and now is in another Camping world in Mass to fix. Do I have any other options. I will never purchase another Thor

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
If you spend some time reading any RV forum, you'll see that it's a given you will have some issues with a brand new RV. Anything large and man-made will have kinks to iron out. If you've ever bought a home before, I doubt the home inspector said "Everything is perfect here"... Thor has great customer service, but definitely not the best quality control. It sucks having problems, I'm having them too on my brand new coach, but it's a fact of life that anything man-made will have some issues here and there. I refuse to take my coach to a dealership and only have my mobile RV tech work on it, he is able to get reimbursed from Thor. Hope it gets out of the shop soon so you can go have some fun!

Old 10-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #3

Hello! Welcome to the forum

Most RVs have early issues. This is an unfortunate truth that most of us can attest to.

When your issues are resolved, I hope you can have faith in your Hurricane.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #4

That's why I will never buy another THOR. Every one I have owned is garbage and there quality control is HORRIBLE.

I will not even buy a new RV. There are a ton of good deals on used RV's out there if you know what to look for.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Bear View Post
I just purchased a new Class A hurricaine. Brought it home 2 weeks ago and I am having problems with it. It leaks and I have no AC no defrost or heat in the cab. I purchased from Camping World in NH and live in Mass. I called Thor and was told tuff we will fix it but they won't replace it. It's 2 weeks old and now is in another Camping world in Mass to fix. Do I have any other options. I will never purchase another Thor
I also have a Hurricane 2011. Like everyone has said every coach has problems. My cab AC went out but it is Ford. So if you take it to ford the will fix it especially if it's still under warranty . I also had the ABS light come on and ford repaired it under warranty .
Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Smith View Post
That's why I will never buy another THOR. Every one I have owned is garbage and there quality control is HORRIBLE.

I will not even buy a new RV. There are a ton of good deals on used RV's out there if you know what to look for.
Thor does not make the chassis who provides the heat/AC. I am very happy with my Thor product and Thor stands behind everything they sell, great customer service.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I, too, am very happy with my Damon (Thor) 2011 Challenger. We had issues with the Camping World in Indianapolis, but Thor has been very helpful in answering questions, etc. I do have an appointment at the factory in Elkhart in Nov. to have a couple of issues addressed. One is a fraying slideout cable and another is an issue with the full wall slide (it makes a loud noise on initially extending. Other than those two issues, there have been no major problems. Since the noisy slide issue was evident when purchased new in 2010 and the problem archived by Damon following the PDI, we will see how this is handled (pay or no pay) when completed next month. I will keep Forum members updated on service, etc.

Bronk
Old 10-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Bear View Post
Ummm,

I see 2 very different issues here - warrantee repair (usually done at a retailer) and a buyer wanting to return a vehicle.

The repairs should be done properly and professionally under warrantee. Problem is that there is a BOOM in the RV business world right now. My local Thor service center has a 3-4 week backlog for appointments - just to get in!

As far as returning the RV...that would be something controlled by state vehicle sales laws. Not so "cut and dried." I would research laws in NH about this to see your rights.

The dash Heat/AC is only Ford for the AC compressor - the rest of the system is probably an Evans/Tempcon installed by Thor...and sounds like a simple fuse went out. If a Ford dealer will help - that's great, but often not the case.

I have had no problems with Thor customer service for my Damon (acquired by Thor long ago). Here's hopes that the OP can reach a good resolution.

Best luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor, hurricane