Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
OutAround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 124
Professional Coach Remodeler Suggestions?

Has anyone used a remodeling company to completely overhaul a coach?

The wife and I are ready for a change and our 2011 Monaco just rolled 100,000 miles. Its had no issues and since the "real" Monaco is gone forever I was considering a complete remake of our current coach. Its had zero mechanical problems and been the best coach ive owned so far.

When buying a new coach seems like I end up "finishing" it anyway. Just wondering if anyone has had success with a total overhaul.

Thanks
__________________

__________________
OutAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Steve Ownby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cosby, Tn
Posts: 6,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutAround View Post
Has anyone used a remodeling company to completely overhaul a coach? The wife and I are ready for a change and our 2011 Monaco just rolled 100,000 miles. Its had no issues and since the "real" Monaco is gone forever I was considering a complete remake of our current coach. Its had zero mechanical problems and been the best coach ive owned so far. When buying a new coach seems like I end up "finishing" it anyway. Just wondering if anyone has had success with a total overhaul. Thanks
Very smart idea. I can't say we did a complete remodel but we did an extensive one in the summer of '11. We spend July of that year in Elkhart at Master Tech RV who did all our work. Very professional and their workmanship was super. 2 1/2 years later we are still very happy with our up dates.

Here are the main point of what we did:

1. Removed all floor covering from firewall to bedroom closet. We replaced with Mannington Adura LVT in 16"x16" squares. Glued and grouted. Carpet on slide outs and closet step up and bed box.
2. Removed curb side J sofa and replaced with a sleeper sofa
3. Removed street side sofa and replaced with a custom solid cherry credenza with built in fireplace.
4. Removed 4 door Norcold and replaced with GE Profile Fench door 22' frig.

For a small fraction of what it would cost to trade, you can do exactly what you want. I highly recommend doing this.
__________________

__________________
Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
docj's Avatar
Official iRV2 Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,713
We can't claim to have done a complete remodeling but we've replaced all the furniture, half the floor covering, the kitchen appliances and all the window treatments. Some of the work we did ourselves but quite a bit was done by TrulineSpokane. We recommend them without reservation.
__________________
Joel Weiss--WiFiRanger RV Ambassador
RVParkReviews administrator
2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton CAT C-12
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bad Bolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Very smart idea. I can't say we did a complete remodel but we did an extensive one in the summer of '11. We spend July of that year in Elkhart at Master Tech RV who did all our work. Very professional and their workmanship was super. 2 1/2 years later we are still very happy with our up dates.

Here are the main point of what we did:

1. Removed all floor covering from firewall to bedroom closet. We replaced with Mannington Adura LVT in 16"x16" squares. Glued and grouted. Carpet on slide outs and closet step up and bed box.
2. Removed curb side J sofa and replaced with a sleeper sofa
3. Removed street side sofa and replaced with a custom solid cherry credenza with built in fireplace.
4. Removed 4 door Norcold and replaced with GE Profile Fench door 22' frig.

For a small fraction of what it would cost to trade, you can do exactly what you want. I highly recommend doing this.
Without pictures, it never happened!
__________________
1999 HR Endeavor 37WDS
Handicapped Lift Equiped
Bad Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 95
Try here. Even ESPN and others use this service center

ed

http://creativemobileinteriors.com/s...vice/index.asp
__________________
eieioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Bad Bolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 598
Creative Mobile installed the lift system and doors in my 99 HR Endeavor, along with some other minor items. I'm very happy that were able to perform work they normally don't do.

They charge about $80 an hour or close to that for labor. I think that was fair, considering what other trades charge.

__________________
1999 HR Endeavor 37WDS
Handicapped Lift Equiped
Bad Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 507
I have also heard good things about CMI.
__________________
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Ramets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conway, SC
Posts: 2,364
We just had new carpet put in our 2000 DSDP, both couch's removed, a residential fridge, new cabinet built where the J couch was with a 42" HDTV with a lift installed. The overhead cabinets in front re-done since the old head banger was taken out. We put in two LazBoy recliners across from the new TV. No longer have to twist our necks to watch TV. We had it all done at Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL. By the way they're a Monaco dealer. I'm completely pleased with their workmanship. Their carpentar, Charlie, is a bit of a magician.
__________________
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
OutAround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 124
Thanks to all for the recommendations. I've been looking them up on their web pages.

I want to change out the furniture which I can do myself....there is a great place in California that makes really great custom RV furniture.

The big things I want to do is massively shrink the kitchen to just a small bar sink, drawer microwave and a 2 burner electric stove and make my living area much larger.

I also plan to take out at least the drivers seat and maybe the passenger seat too....not sure.....and have a very nice trucker air ride suspension seat installed to match the new furniture. I find the captains chairs hard on the back when driving 8-15 hrs plus straight.
__________________
OutAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Steve Ownby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cosby, Tn
Posts: 6,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutAround View Post
Thanks to all for the recommendations. I've been looking them up on their web pages. I want to change out the furniture which I can do myself....there is a great place in California that makes really great custom RV furniture. The big things I want to do is massively shrink the kitchen to just a small bar sink, drawer microwave and a 2 burner electric stove and make my living area much larger. I also plan to take out at least the drivers seat and maybe the passenger seat too....not sure.....and have a very nice trucker air ride suspension seat installed to match the new furniture. I find the captains chairs hard on the back when driving 8-15 hrs plus straight.
I recommend an induction cook top. We purchased a True Induction portable unit about a year ago and love it. The LP cooktop stays covered mostly. True Induction also makes a built in.
__________________
Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
OutAround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I recommend an induction cook top. We purchased a True Induction portable unit about a year ago and love it. The LP cooktop stays covered mostly. True Induction also makes a built in.
Can it really boil water in less than 90 secs for a full pot??

The wife and I have actually been thinking of one for the house. Long ago I worked as a chef and I enjoy cooking......not sure if I'd miss my gas or not......can't really use a flambeau pan.
__________________
OutAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Steve Ownby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cosby, Tn
Posts: 6,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutAround View Post
Can it really boil water in less than 90 secs for a full pot?? The wife and I have actually been thinking of one for the house. Long ago I worked as a chef and I enjoy cooking......not sure if I'd miss my gas or not......can't really use a flambeau pan.
Don't know about 90 secs but it's faster than my 2 burner Kitchenaide LP cooktop. The things you like about the gas, instant on/off are also true of induction. The only neg is the pots/ pans must contain iron/steel. If a magnet sticks it will work.
__________________
Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
OutAround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Don't know about 90 secs but it's faster than my 2 burner Kitchenaide LP cooktop. The things you like about the gas, instant on/off are also true of induction. The only neg is the pots/ pans must contain iron/steel. If a magnet sticks it will work.
What kind of power supply do I need???
__________________
OutAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
dennis45's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BC
Posts: 6,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
We can't claim to have done a complete remodeling but we've replaced all the furniture, half the floor covering, the kitchen appliances and all the window treatments. Some of the work we did ourselves but quite a bit was done by TrulineSpokane. We recommend them without reservation.
X2 on Truline. We had them do a Reno on our Dutch Star that is posted on their website. Only good things to say. No regrets, the coach is now Ours and works for our needs. Money well spent IMHO

trulinecustomrv.com/
__________________

__________________
Dennis & Carol
2003, 4006, 41' DutchStar, Spartan, ISC 8.3L W/BanksPower - 2013 Honda CRV, BlueOx Baseplate, Aventa Bar & Patriot Brake. And the 04 Bird, Sunshine Car.
dennis45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.