Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #211
Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For some reason, Geico and many other insurance companies won't insure in MA. I am wondering who you use to insure your Motorhome if you live and park in MA?

Musikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #212
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I am USAA insured for our cars however Progressive was not able to beat the rate that I received from Explorer RV Insurance.

03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #213
Country Coach Owners Club
Progressive RV Insurance - Beware

I was insured by Progressive when my new-to-me 2001 Monaco Dynasty caught on fire on its maiden voyage and was totaled. They paid me promptly and slightly more then I had paid for the coach 45 days before. The claims adjuster was a real pro, and treated us very fairly.
Dave Snow --- 2005 40' Country Coach Inspire
2004 Honda CR-V Ex with BlueOx tow bar
DavidWSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #214
I just got insurance on my 'new' '85 Vogue. Liability without comprehensive is only $11 pmth. Full coverage for when I am living in it and traveling is about $56 pmth. That is with 21st century and having dual policies lowers my car insurance with them a bit.

Does sound about right for a 30 yr old 33' MH?
SissyBoyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #215
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Originally Posted by Benny367 View Post
My Progressive policy renewed in August (2013) and the premium went up 20% from last year! I am not a happy camper!!!
August 1, 2014 update. My Progressive RV insurance renewal just came and my premium went down almost $200.00 from last years.
2006 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE 35' Ford Chassis
Benny367 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #216

I recently had a claim with Progressive on my MH; it was broken into to steal batteries but they did $2400 damage to the storage doors trying to find the batteries.
I obtained an estimate from my local RV shop and Progressive paid all but a small amount on one of the damaged locks very quickly.
2002 Holiday Rambler Presidential 5th wheel, 2002 Dodge 3500 dually Cummins
Muncie_6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #217

Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by Musikboy View Post
For some reason, Geico and many other insurance companies won't insure in MA. I am wondering who you use to insure your Motorhome if you live and park in MA?
I live in Ma. and am aware of that. I was using Commerce Insurance to insure our MH but have just recently switched to Progressive.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #218
Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks, we did go with Progressive and so far no claims.
Carol & Mitch roaming around in a new 2013 Thor Tuscany 40EX
Musikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #219
had Progressive for years on the 4 and 2 wheelers in the fleet. Just purchased the MH in FEB and put it with Progressive too...had a claim in May for both windshields ().
Even though its older we worked out comp and collision with a stated value of 12000. Costing me 650 a year ( with 30 day a year use clause).

Claim on the windshields was a breeze. dosent renew till Feb...so i guess we will see if they jack it up!
Rexhall Aerbus XL 2900

Probably never going to have a chance to "drive" a Boeing, so I bought an Aerbus!
jeepthrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:08 PM   #220
Progressive RV insurance Claims

My fiancée had a accident in Louisiana on July 20 and so far been a night mare dealing with unprofessional kids with no manners and know knowledge in RV, gave me recommended 3 Ford shops and none of them touch it , I also called 18 other ford shops and 5 RV shops their mouthy and arrogant adjuster said he got one of them to fix it that I got a No from just to find out they cant fix it because the shop that does there frame work frame machine not big enough, and funny the adjuster could tell me if the frame was bent or not and still not sure but it has to go to a shop with a frame machine and best of all they its still sitting in tow yard, I'm in Richmond VA, I said if frame bent it should be totaled he said not if they can fix it over 30K in damage by his 1/2 way estimate he cant answer most questions( I'm not sure or I don't know yet) and he said I have an arterial motive and I said yes I do I want it back to pre crash condition safe for her to drive and trust worthy not some half way fixed poor driving job by a penny pinching insurance company, sure wished we had gotten a decent claim adjuster with knowledge and wasn't trying to get a pat on his back for screwing us over. this will go on for months probably need a attorney before its over with.
Litefoot42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:39 AM   #221
if your having that much trouble it is your agents job to step up. that said i have had them 15 years 2 windshields no problems
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:46 AM   #222
Have had great service from Progressive, both on glass claims and a real collision claim. None of the nightmare stuff OP experienced.
Shell Bleiweiss
2014 1/2 Thor Challenger 37KT
Sedona, AZ
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:08 AM   #223
Progressive RV Insurance - Beware

I've had progressive for 8 years and had 1 claim last year due to front tire blow out. They were very nice and jumped right on the claim.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:53 AM   #224
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Smile AARP Hartford.

Good Sam insurance was good until they went From GMAC to National General. I have had AARP Hartford for over 20 years and they have been excellent in every way. A couple of times I switched to a different carrier for Motor Home insurance, only to switch back to AARP Hartford after a year. In both cases Both National General and Progressive used teaser rates for the first year, to get me to switch, then the rates all but doubled and I had no claims. This last time when I went back to AARP Hartford my rate was $170 a year less than National General. I learned my lesson. I will stick with AARP Hartford for all my insurance needs. I have had Automobile claims as well as Home owner claims with AARP. They were always fair and fast with no problems.

2006 Four Winds Hurricane 31D, Steer Safe, CHF, 50 Amp Conversion, 3000 Watt Inverter, Toad is a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport. Blue Ox Aladdin Tow Bar, Apollo Braking System
mhbell is online now   Reply With Quote