Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #225
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I have been using Explorer RV Insurance because they are an RV Insurance broker that finds and matches me up to the best (what I believe to be) and least expensive insurance policy that I need. So far its been good however I have not had a claim in a long time.

My policy is written with National Interstate.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2016, 03:39 PM   #226

This original post is five years old. I hope his issue is solved by now.

twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:15 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
This original post is five years old. I hope his issue is solved by now.
A while back he came back and said he got it resolved.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:37 PM   #228

I had my RV with progressive and had a $8k claim, I had a great experience with the company. They came to look at the RV and pretty much took my word on what broke due to electrical surge or lightning strike. Replaced everything no questions asked...
Old 08-14-2016, 02:27 AM   #229

Just switch to Progressive, glad to read about the good experiences.
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:00 AM   #230

American Coach Owners Club
Progressive came through for us after a "blow out" totaled our coach. It did take about a month & a half & 3 ridiculous appraisals, but that wasn't actually Progressive's fault... Like other insurance companies, they use 3rd party appraisal companies & unfortunately THOSE people know absolutely zero about RV's/Motorhomes. In the end the appraisals were "thrown out" and we were given a very fair price by Progressive.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #231

I had USAA for 42 years. Bought my first Class A two months ago, shopped for insurance from several companies. USAA also sent me to Progressive...BUT. GEICO covered my RV and also my 20' enclosed trailer and my toad (2008 Lincoln MKX) and my 2012 F150...for almost $1,000/yr less than Progressive!!!! Only slight drawback was the $1,000 deductible on the RV, $250 on the rest.
gostberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:20 PM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
We have USAA for everything. At purchase of the MH they advised "we do not insure MH's but Progressive has a program for our people". Even a special phone number which is answered "USAA Progressive. As long as Progressive is competitive we will rely on USAA's big stick should a problem occur....
I had USAA for 42 years. Bought my first Class A two months ago, shopped for insurance from several companies. USAA also sent me to Progressive...BUT. GEICO covered my RV and also my 20' enclosed trailer and my toad (2008 Lincoln MKX) and my 2012 F150...for almost $1,000/yr less than Progressive!!!! Only slight drawback was the $1,000 deductible on the RV, $250 on the rest.
gostberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:32 PM   #233
EV2

Interesting thread and not sure I have ever read a 260 word sentence before.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:54 PM   #234

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had Progressive when a old lady decided to hit us head on at 55 mph. She then slid down the drivers side of our Monaco Monarch SE taking out all compartment doors on that side, and 5 cars behind me. Total damages $33,000 on a $60,000 coach. I was asked where I wanted to have it fixed. At the time we lived in Portland, OR so I said I wanted it fixed by the Monaco factory in Couberg OR and they towed it 110 miles to the factory. It was fixed no issues. In fact they fixed items that were broken before the accident. On the second trip after the repair the steering box went out and they fixed no questions asked. I have had Progressive for over 20 years and never had any issues. In fact it has been the best insurance company I have ever had. Don't judge a company by one complaint.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:24 AM   #235

To the post saying that all insurance companies use independent adjusters; no. State Farm uses their own. Most "totals" on vehicles are done within 10days to 2 weeks of actual accident.

There is no such thing as it pays to shops or that one company can save you money over another. Why? Unless using inferior parts, repairing your vehicle in a manner not suggested by manufacturer (safety?) or low balling your total loss the costs would be the same. Premiums would be the same.

But premiums aren't the same. Surcharges for tickets, accidents and your credit score plays into premiums, too.

State Farm is also a Mutual company; most others are "for profit." SF only has to pay claims and overhead, others ALSO must pay stockholders from your premiums. IF State Farm has over 5% of premium left at the end of a year, they must prorate and refund to clients.

No company is perfect. If you play the lowest premium "game" you may end up taking a much bigger monetary loss at claim time.

"You picks yer poison" as granddad used to say.

Good Nieghbor Dave ;-).
Old 08-15-2016, 08:56 AM   #236

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDaveBeadles View Post
To the post saying that all insurance companies use independent adjusters; no. State Farm uses their own. Most "totals" on vehicles are done within 10days to 2 weeks of actual accident. I

There is no such thing as it pays to shops or that one company can save you money over another. Why? Unless using inferior parts, repairing your vehicle in a manner not suggested by manufacturer (safety?) or low balling your total loss the costs would be the same. Premiums would be the same.

But premiums aren't the same. Surcharges for tickets, accidents and your credit score plays into premiums, too.

State Farm is also a Mutual company; most others are "for profit." SF only has to pay claims and overhead, others ALSO must pay stockholders from your premiums. IF State Farm has over 5% of premium left at the end of a year, they must prorate and refund to clients.

No company is perfect. If you play the lowest premium "game" you may end up taking a much bigger monetary loss at claim time.

"You picks yer poison" as granddad used to say.

Good Nieghbor Dave ;-).
I actually said "like other insurance companies" not all insurance companies, obviously each is different & in our case it was quite the experience dealing with agents & appraisers from Florida & NJ.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:55 AM   #237

We switched from USAA/Progressive about two years ago. No issue with claims just a better deal in our opinion. I went thru Good Sams and switched to National General (old GMAC) and have had a good experience. We pay 178/mth and insure a 16 Entegra Anthem 44B and a 13 Lincoln MKX and a 15 Lincoln MKS. Highest coverage available but a $1,000 deductible on collision and $500 on glass. Also bear in mind that if you have the same carrier on RV as on toad you only have to deal with one company on a claim. We were in a bad hail storm two years ago on the old coach and toad (13 Aspire and 08 CRV). Since they were attached only one deductible applied to both vehicles. No issue with claims at all. This year I added a 2 million dollar umbrella thru them for $330/ year. We also switched our home owners from USAA thru Good Sams to National Strategic. Total savings per year were in the $3,000/year range. It pays to shop every year or two. All companies are rated at A+. No complaints with USAA except they were no longer in the ballpark dollar wise. Great credit and no claims or tickets.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:14 AM   #238

Our recent claim with Progressive used in-house adjusters. I guess it just depends where you are or luck of the draw. Our adjusters and whole experience with Progressive were great.

sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance