Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping4fun View Post
You said that State Farm would write you a check for it why? It wasn't sitting at your home.
I'm assuming State Farm may be paying for the loss of the tools, which are not considered part of the motor home, but personal property, and not for the damage to the motor home.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Progressive has to pay for those expensive tv ads somehow !!
DandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
My experience with Progressive has been very favorable. They have repaired glass chips in the windshield without questions but more importantly was three panels on the drivers side were clipped by on coming traffic in January this year and I thought I would get around to repairing it myself. I did't and in April I called them - they said get an estimate - I did and they paid - about $2700. My deductable of $500 was reduced to $250 because I had not had previous claims. Deductabale is back to $500 because I have had a claim. I called them the third week of April - told them I was leaving on a four month trip the first of May and I think they bent over backwards to help get it taken care of in a short period of time. Perhaps a different division of Progressive but I'm pleased.
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For the record--we switched to Progressive when a person insured by them backed into us at Newport Dunes basically requiring a full front cap replacement. Their response was so complete and efficient including two followup claims to re-seat the windshields which would not seat properly. It took three years to resolve and Progressive did not blink during the entire time. So we switched to them based on our experience with them.

We recently had a claim which was covered without deductible because of our claim record (none). No problems, quick response, covered the entire amount, damage was done in Washington work done in Arizone because we were on the road. Easy deal. Of course the clock on our claims begins again. No rate increase.

I'm not recomending or condeming just presenting another persons experience. Decide for yourselves. In fairness I must say I have not compared prices lately---I basically go with those who get me there---------------Progressive has.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have Progressive and had 2 claims arrising from breakins and damage. They sent an appraiser out, told me to get estimates, ~$4000 first time over $7000 second and they paid with no questions asked. Even for personal property stolen/damaged. Very pleased. Maybe things are changing, this was ~5 years ago.
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #20

If you research who runs Progressive and his "progressive" agenda, you might not want to be adding to his already bloated assets. Google Peter Lewis.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
After mulling this over I guess I want to add: We all pay a dear price for those who choose to attempt fraud on insurance companies, or exaggerate claims. MAny of the "rules" by which we must abide are generated to protect us and them from this sort of activity.

People often believe that insurance claims are "free' so therefore get the most you can---not just what you deserve. This works hard on us all. Someone has to pay---and it will not be the insurance company----those nasty acturarials get in the way everytime.

I am in no way suggesting that any thing like that applies here, I don't see it in any of the comments----just musing about the entire problem as long as it is a subject.

I'm no fan of the insurance industry but I like fairness and seek it whenever it seems appropriate.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by two2go View Post
If you research who runs Progressive and his "progressive" agenda, you might not want to be adding to his already bloated assets. Google Peter Lewis.

I did--thanks.

We have our Dolphin in common--let's leave it at that and enjoy the subject in the thread.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We bought a new to us (and 1st motor home ever) 1997 Allegro last January and in Feb called and signed on with Progressive after shopping around and reading items in forums. In March I took the coach to the NASCAR race at Bristol TN and the right side windshield cracked from top to bottom, called Progressive and they paid no problem. In August I left the awning out all night and woke to the sound a downpour rain storm, ran outside and the awning looked like it had 75 gallons of water in it, I touched it and it collapse and bent the tube and ripped the awning. When I got back home I called Progressive and they sent an adjuster out, I told him it was my fault for not rolling the awning up, he laughed said "bet you won't let that happen again", and cut me a check right there on the spot to cover a new awning. Rates didn't go up this Feb when I renewed. This is simply my experience and yours may very, I think a lot of it has to do with who you are dealing with from the company, any company, not just Progressive.
TNMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #24

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm12 View Post
Had Progressive on my Cars, then when i bought my MH i shopped around found AARP had the best price saved lots. Have not had to file a claim yet so we will see.
Good luck with Hartford.... Had them for 10 years never had a claim. DW ran over some junk in the road with her Jag. and did $2800 in damage. Hartford insisted our mechanic put USED parts from a junkyard on it to fix it. He wouldn't and called us. We went round and round with them for weeks. Finally we gave up and said we would pay the difference for the new parts. Hartford sent the mechanic a check for $800! We had to pay $2000.... Hartford then sent us a letter stating our insurance would go up $400 a year for 4 years to "cover the accident".

I now have Travelers ins....
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
I'm not recomending or condeming just presenting another persons experience. Decide for yourselves. In fairness I must say I have not compared prices lately---I basically go with those who get me there---------------Progressive has.
Ditto for us. We've had only one claim... windshield on the toad... which they paid without issue. I think we do need to shop around for price next year though.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I went with Progressive based on the referral from USAA. No claims so far, but my rates have gone up each of the two years since I bought the coach. When renewal time came around this year, I got a couple of quotes from other recommended companies/brokers and their quotes were within $50 of what Progressive was charging. Not sure what's driving the rates up in my area. They must have known the tornadoes were coming. I'm sticking with them this year, but I think I'll dig a little deeper next year before I renew again.
David49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #27

We had USAA on our previous coach, when we purchased our current one they sent us over Progressive. Rates were comperable to USAA, next year they went up. I asked why as we had no claims, was told the states rates had been revised. The next year rates went up again, no explaination. Dropped them like a bad habit and went with GIECO. Rates are much lower, no claims.
Also a friend was switched to Progressive and had a claim while his coach was in storage. It took him months to resolve and portions of his claim were denied, like stolen TV's etc.

I'm no longer funding Lewis's drug program.

Al Sawyer
'05 MADP
allynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #28

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had several claims with proggresive for tire and the fun one getting stuck in my front yard sunk to the axle. It was a 200.00 tow bill got check in mail about week later. Only been with them for about 6 months. Previous company American Family DW got ticket for slow and go at stop sign. Rates went up 40.00 a month for 3 years according to agent. Also if she would have crashed and KILLED someone they would have not raised rate due to no claims. Was with them for 22 years only filed tow claims 3 times over the years.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance