Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2016, 11:58 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
My basic MO for cooking anything is to sear then move to indirect heat. I bought a Cuisenart portable 2-burner and it does OK, but I'm still looking for the perfect RV grill. I have considered a Traeger PTG, but it's an expensive experiment, and I'm not sure about it's searing capability.

I carried a full sized Weber over 17K mi in my previous toy hauler. I miss have that capability and the patio to cook on.

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2016, 01:21 PM   #44

Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0150.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	369.6 KB
ID:	126842

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4 View Post
I don't remember saying anything about tank size. I was asked why I felt it was safer to install after the regulator. Both ways will work, I prefer to use the low pressure side.
Bill
Just making the point that it doesn't matter whether its the small bottles normally used with the Q, or a 100 gallon propane tank...pressure is the same and regulator will be fine. Coming downstream of two regulators will make the second regulator starve for flow, because its designed for (and expects) full tank pressure.
WYRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:32 PM   #46

Costco makes a nice model/ Tabletop..... mid-size...also: for Propane refills, you can't beat the Costco price...
Old 05-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Thanks WYRon
This was my thought also.
As I see it there are 2 options for ther Weber Q hooking up to the RV tank.
1) Leave the regulator on the Q and then place a T (or an Extend A Stay option) on the RV before the RV regulator. Then utilize the included hose from the Extend a Stay to hook up to the port on the Extend a stay and directly into the regulator on the Q. I would like to utilize quick connects on both ends of that hose (not sure what adapters would be needed or are called). This option would allow me to use the grill elsewhere using the small propane cans if I wanted without needed to put the regulator back on.
2) remove the regulator from the Q. Connect a quick disconnect where the regulator was on the Q. Place a T after the RV regulator. Utilize a quick disconnect on that T and use a hose with quick disconnects on both ends.

My preference is option 1. I am just not sure what adapters I need to convert the threaded pipe fittings to be quick disconnects. If anyone can assist with that I think I have my solution.
Thanks!
I would try to make the branch connection look as much as possible like a standard connection on a propane tank. I would incorporate a fitting like this:

Robot Check

These fittings will normally not allow flow when you disconnect a hose, just like a normal propane tank, but I'd still add an upstream isolation valve (just like a propane tank).
WYRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:37 PM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Finally did it

After 3 seasons of painful experiences with the Weber Q10 at supper time, I took it and threw it into the campground garbage bin. It didnt like my feed from the main propane tank, it didnt like little bottles of gas, it plugged up regularly, it had a flame about a centimetre high, it had a great castiron grill but ...enough! Im looking for a new BBQ or .....should I just use my 4000BTU Everest propane stove for cooking in a cast iron pan with regular easy clean up
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:47 PM   #49

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I thought about hooking the propane tank to the grill but the tank is on the wrong side and it's only a 5.5 gallon tank anyway. Only thing it feeds is the two burner cooktop.
I could hook up a hose and feed it through over the fuel tank and keep the hose coiled up on the top of the fuel tank I guess. But I'd still have to go around and turn it on and off each time. Not worth the hassle so I just use the little tanks.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:29 PM   #50

Weber Q the best grill I ever had and get a 5.lb tank.
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:55 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Another vote for the Q2200
Old 05-16-2016, 03:07 PM   #52

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Following up on my posts #17 and #22. Went to the Camping world tent at the Dover Nascar race and bought the Charbroil 'Tru Infrared' grill. We used it this past weekend and loved it. Thanks again for the posting that said that they made a portable 'Tru Infrared' grill.

The 'tru infrared' are the best grills we ever had, especially for making steaks.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:43 PM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you Costco

After DW spoke to me about my behaviour vis a vis dumping the POS Webber Q100 bbq. As suggested here, I made my way to Costco and bought a humdinger of a Barbie - $89!
Hooked her up to my big propane tank and voila - major heat!
She be searin'!

Nexgrill 2-Burner Portable Propane Gas Table Top Grill in Stainless Steel-820-0033 - The Home Depot
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:40 PM   #54

Rexhall Owners Group
We have the Weber q2200, with fold down cart. Also added Camco 4-port adaptor to house propane tank, and 12' hose. Got a great deal on it used, and it works great. It's almost too big for two people, but when the kids show up, we've got room for more food.
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:05 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinboy View Post
After DW spoke to me about my behaviour vis a vis dumping the POS Webber Q100 bbq. As suggested here, I made my way to Costco and bought a humdinger of a Barbie - $89!
Hooked her up to my big propane tank and voila - major heat!
She be searin'!

Nexgrill 2-Burner Portable Propane Gas Table Top Grill in Stainless Steel-820-0033 - The Home Depot

I've been using the Costco BBQ for a few years now. Connected it to the coach system with quick disconnects and an extension hose. Works great and can't beat the price.

2009 Safari Cheetah 40'
350 HP Cat
2014 Ford Focus
Air Force One

Tags
class a, propane