Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #1

Question Propane Pressure Regulator SNAFU

[1997 Country Coach Integrity] Recently, with a full tank (30 gallon ASME) of propane, I no longer have flow to any equipment that uses the propane as an energy source, i.e. stove top, hot water tank and furnace. Everything worked just fine after filling the tank, but only for a week.
Having read many posts, I tried slowly opening the supply valve, checked the cutoff solenoid (new sensor installed late last year and is working). I don't know if the regulator needs to be replaced. A friend told me to try tapping it several times to check if the diaphragms' are sticking (have not tried this yet).
Here's what I have onboard: Regulator is Model #6689
Solenoid just downstream of regulator -
ADO6-043-CCI, 9vdc 155 - 6.8WN

Questions: (1) Anyone know what regulator would be replacement?
I have searched web, but can't find a similar - cross referenced replacement based on the #6689 S/N. Even called PPL in Cleburne, Tx to see if they would check out/trouble shoot the problem, but was told they only work on propane systems for 5th wheels
(2) Any recommendations on where in the Fort Worth area I could take the coach and have it trouble shot and possible replacement work?, and (3) Any do it yourself recommendations?........Thanks for any advice/recommendations you can offer......Meltdown
Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
It could be either one. I would turn off the main valve on the tank, remove the output hose from the regulator, then turn the main valve back on to see if you have gas coming out of the regulator. If so, then do the same thing with the solenoid valve.

P.S.- Be sure you're not smoking when you do this!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:00 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Inside the coach there is a propane sensor/alarm. It is usually brown in color about 3x5 inches. It is mounded near the floor usually in the area of the refer. It might have a blinking light and also has a switch on it. Flip the switch to off and then back to on. It should chirp a couple of times. Make sure your 12 volt DC power is on.

The sensor should look something like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/MTI-Indus...&wl13=&veh=sem

Oh, by the way, you have an Intrigue, not Integrity
Old 04-28-2018, 11:05 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Inside the coach there is a propane sensor/alarm. It is usually brown in color about 3x5 inches. It is mounded near the floor usually in the area of the refer. It might have a blinking light and also has a switch on it. Flip the switch to off and then back to on. It should chirp a couple of times. Make sure your 12 volt DC power is on.

The sensor should look something like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/MTI-Indus...&wl13=&veh=sem

Oh, by the way, you have an Intrigue, not Integrity

Probably not. He most likely has a spell-checker that has its own idea of how things should be spelled. Happens to me way more than I would like on my MacBook... If he missed Intrigue by one letter, probably integrity was a wild guess by the spell checker. Love computers.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:24 PM   #5

Thanks for your reply. I been thinking about doing just what you recommended. Probably will do so this afternoon....appreciate your response......Dave and Leeane
Old 04-28-2018, 01:26 PM   #6

Yes indeed.....it is an Intrigue....been a long time since I've been in it. Wife has been sick. Anyway, I will check out what you recommended.....Thanks again....Meltdown
Old 04-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #7

Amen brother.....have a good weekend......thanks.......Meltdown (aka David, or Atomic Cowboy)
Old 04-28-2018, 11:04 PM   #8

Replacing the propane regulator is a 10 minute job, you might check with your local propane supplier to see if they would do it if you are not comfortable doing it yourself. I replaced the propane regulator on my 2002 Safari Trek last year based on age as it does have a rubber diaphragm in it. I used this one from Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KTS0N9Q
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:14 AM   #9

Thanks for your reply. I ordered the regulator you posted....happy trails......thanks again........will let you know if this fixes the el problem.

Tags
propane