Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Proper Warning

For those of us who might be vertically challenged.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Low Bridge.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	30361  
ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #2

Something tells me they didn't think this up out if the blue....haha
Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #3

I think I saw this low bridge on youtube. What I saw were multiple tall vehicles scraping off the top of the trucks box or A/C units off a fee 5th wheels.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #4

Lol very good warning
david2499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
saw a similar bridge in Memphis....on the other side was a signal light....which we could not see until after ....fortunately no traffic!! spent the night at the Memphis RV Park very nice people!
lenkerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #6

I like warnings like that!
Poptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
as long as they put one on the other side.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:54 AM   #8

kinda ruins the afternoon entertainment... ;-)
kb7uxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
There's a bridge like that in Benson AZ , me and wife stopped DP side of road and went to turn around and here came a toy hauler flying by ,tryed to wave him down just looked at me clueless like I was crazy needless to say 105 degrees out he was without an A/C unit but had a nice sunroof now in his toy hauler guess he could enjoy the stars at night poor guy.So after the excitement we turned around and went 3 miles back to freeway went to next exit got off went Into town and ate dinner. Well guess who walked into the restaurant poor guy and his wife and kid.They sat next to us my wife offered to buy them dinner . You know that would be a good one for the "What not to do thread."
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sign looks like a good idea but.. Did..... You..... Le..arn....to.....re...ad.... li..ke.....this?

Many did, I have often ask someone to read someting and gotten totally frustrated waiting for them to sound out even simple workds

Thus the idiot doing 40 in the 25 or 80 in the 55 blows past that sign and reads.. If.... You..... and he's already impacting the bridge.

I keep telling folks Reading is FUNdemental (I do it that way cause many of the books I read (I learned to read for pleasure) are both FUN, and demental (I like Science Fiction and several of my Facebook "Friends" are authors of same)
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
If it takes you that long to read a sign, you have more problems than a low bridge..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Fully agree Midniteoyl.. Fully agree, as I said reading is Fundamental (punned the last time) Many of the things I do or have done requrie that I be able to read and read well.. Since I learned to read for enjoyment, Reading brought pleasure, the more and the better I read the greater the pleasure, and thus I learned to read well, For pleasure.

Later I became a police dispatcher, Reading brought INCOME (Reading computer printouts) for me.. For some of the folks my Troopers had stopped on the road it brought a better night's sleep.. You see, last night they went to sleep worried that the long arm of the law might slap them in the pokey.. Tonight, as they go to sleep they can rest secure in the knowledge that is not going to happen.. they are also resting securly in the pokey. (And the good folks can sleep better knowing the bad guy is in the pokey as well).

Now that I've retired I have time to sing in the church choir.. So I show up for the early service, the one I call t he "Limited dress rehersal" and find our music director has chosen some piece of music that I"ve never seen before..... And I'm the ONLY guy hiding behind a microphone stand (At 6'3" by over 300 pounds you can imagine how well a 1/2 inch chrome plated brass pipe hides me ) Good thing I can read, or in this case "Site read" else i'd not know the lyrics.

My daughter reads at a fairly good level as well.. You see, I taught her to read for enjoyment. OH, and when it comes to sight reading Music.. She makes me look ..... Well, let's just say she is way beyond my ability. (She is also a certified Music Instructor and has college degrees in both Music performance and education so that is to be expected).
Old 12-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Assuming the driver can read at all.....
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote