Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #43
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Pros - appearance, heat (free on campground power), cool factor.

Cons - none if you have an unused space for it.

Here's the one I added to our Outlaw.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...es-149108.html

Attachment 50915

Attachment 50916

Attachment 50917

Just fits behind the slide when we are on the road

Safe travels
Steve, can you measure how far the fireplace protrudes from the wall? thanks!

Joe
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #44

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Con: Hauling the wood to feed it.
Pro: Good exercise.

OK, I'll ask the stupid question! I have not seen a REAL fireplace in the coach. I asked and have always been told fire danger. Have I been lied too? Say it is not possible.....

What is the truth friends?

Fake I'm not interested in. Real fireplace that is safe - I'm in - where do I spend my money?
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #45

Those fireplace's are very nice and really add ambiance to coaches. I have plenty of room for one but to me they are just not worth the expense, loss of storage and lack of flexibility. We have an Aqua Hot which does fine for water and heat, and much better than two propane furnaces. We also have two small Lasko towers that we move around without having to fire up the AH. The D/W can't very well move a fireplace into the bathroom for some extra heat while showering, but a Lasko is perfect.

To each his/her own, I guess.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Steve, can you measure how far the fireplace protrudes from the wall? thanks!

Joe
Joe,

This unit has 3 mount "settings" depending on what you have to work with. The heater intake is in the rear panel-top, so the intake requires a gap between the wall and heater box - or - a hole in the wall is needed for the air intake.

~Flat mount to the wall (requires a hole in the wall for the intake) - **depth 6.25"
~Low mount to the wall (no hole in the wall required) - **depth 6.75"
~High mount (best for air flow) - **depth 7"

Here's an install pic:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/i-lo...ml#post1348290

The heater exhaust is in the top-center, so it should not be placed tight against anything on the top.

**The glass face is curved to the thickest point in the center -and is only protrudes 2" at the ends.

Hope that helps

-EDIT-
The fireplace Mfgt has finally updated their website. This exact fireplace is currently on their HomePage:
FEBO Flame
I bought it through a retailer...maybe they are selling direct?
http://www.febolimited.com/
Either way...these electric fireplaces are really a nice upgrade to any space - RV or fixed home.

Best luck
-EDIT-
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
WOW! Sarah, that's the most beautiful fireplace I have ever seen!
Have to agree Sarah, that's beautiful! Much nicer than I have seen from any manufacturer, did that come as an option in your Bounder? Again, beautiful!!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #48
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Steve, that's the worst website I have ever seen! They show pictures of all the products but I can't find any descriptions or specs! What am I doing wrong?

Are the depths you are giving from the outside of the wall to the highest point on the heater, or is that the total depth of the heater including what's inside the wall (or is there anything inside the wall at all?) Thanks again!

Joe
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Steve, that's the worst website I have ever seen! They show pictures of all the products but I can't find any descriptions or specs! What am I doing wrong?

Are the depths you are giving from the outside of the wall to the highest point on the heater, or is that the total depth of the heater including what's inside the wall (or is there anything inside the wall at all?) Thanks again!

Joe
Joe,
You are not doing any thing wrong. The websites are just very immature - and they didn't even exist until just recently. The company was only a wholesaler in the past.

The depths I quoted are the total thickness of the fireplace at the center (fattest point)...this is a surface mount unit (flat back - curved front)...nothing is inside the wall.

If you choose to mount it at the thinnest depth (6.25"), the frame is tight against the wall. This way will need a heater intake hole in the wall that is about 4"x10" to allow air into the heater system. But, mounting it with space between the wall and frame (high and low mount) is best - and easiest. This is done with the 4 included mount brackets.

Being surface mounted is the best part about this style (no cutting into the wall). The trade-off is that the faux firebox (the inside) is not as deep as other styles, so it does not have the "logs" seen in other styles. Instead, the media that looks like embers is a layer of lightweight "crystals" that glow from the backlighting. The pictures show the glow, but do not show how the glow moves around like real fire

Hope that helps
Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Have to agree Sarah, that's beautiful! Much nicer than I have seen from any manufacturer, did that come as an option in your Bounder? Again, beautiful!!
Thanks, Clay. Yes, that is an option on the Bounder. Fleetwood did an excellent job with it.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
WOW! That's beautiful Sarah!
Thanks, Les. I have to say, that was a HUGE selling point when we walked into the Bounder on the dealer's lot.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Joe
Joe--ours is a Dimplex brand; here's their website... Electric Fireplaces - ElectricFireplacesDirect.com

I looked at the manual for ours; it required a 9" deep opening in the wall, so Fleetwood framed it out slightly. I see that they also have wall mount models.

The first season with ours, it seemed to heat up the bathroom wall behind it quite a bit, so my hubby installed a vent in that wall. Now the bathroom gets a little heat, too!

Old 12-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverbill View Post
Those fireplace's are very nice and really add ambiance to coaches. I have plenty of room for one but to me they are just not worth the expense, loss of storage and lack of flexibility. We have an Aqua Hot which does fine for water and heat, and much better than two propane furnaces. We also have two small Lasko towers that we move around without having to fire up the AH. The D/W can't very well move a fireplace into the bathroom for some extra heat while showering, but a Lasko is perfect.

To each his/her own, I guess.
Yep, that's why they make so many different choices; so we can all have what we want. I'll just say that our fireplace only required 9" depth on a wall, so not much "storage" space lost. We also have a space heater that we drag around in the storage bay...but have not needed to use it yet.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrushl View Post
OK, I'll ask the stupid question! I have not seen a REAL fireplace in the coach. I asked and have always been told fire danger. Have I been lied too? Say it is not possible.....

What is the truth friends?

Fake I'm not interested in. Real fireplace that is safe - I'm in - where do I spend my money?
I think Wayne was trying to make a joke. I'm not aware of any RV with a wood-burning fireplace. (At least none that come that way from the manufacturer.)
Old 12-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #55

I don't think the Feds would allow a wood burning FP around all that propane, electricity, and diesel/gas.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ohhhhhh you gotta see THIS!!

From Amazon Prime (FREE)!!

We use a ROKU wifi to watch tv at RV Parks with WIFI....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3138791291.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	378.0 KB
ID:	52521  
Skino47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace