Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
If they roll and and/or rotate, they must be balanced..

Love the Centramatics.. Same principle as the TCI Rattler..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #44

I don't have a vibration and don't know that the rears I bought the coach with have been balanced, but given the only con I can think of is a few dollars, when I replace them I'll go with bead balancing for sure. Just can't hurt and it's such a tiny fraction o the money I spend on the coach...

Steve
Old 12-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #45

Ford Super Duty Owner
32 Bounder

I use Equal tire podwer in all tires, Works graet.
rsw1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #46

The last set of tires (4/12) had 2 front dynamicly balanced with lead weights glued to backside of rims and 4 rears had "TireLife" liquid balancing fluid. Les Schawab dealer said they have gone away from using Equal beads, which is what was used in the previous set of tires I purchased from them. The only issue I ever had with the Equal was having to use the special screened valve cores. I had one tire slowly leak air with Equal and it turned out that tire did not have the correct core installed.
jtfcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #47
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Why would you spend $600-$800 a tire and then not balance them for an additional $10.00 because some old trucker in an 80000 pound truck didn't feel any vibration. "Penny wise, dollar foolish"
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #48

My tire dealer said they can't balance duals. Seemed odd since they balance the wheel off the vehicle, but I did't want to argue as I was putting dynamic balancers on the duals and the tags.

Since I wasn't willing to a) spend the extra $100, and b) drive it for 60 miles and bring them back for a re-torque, I didn't try the new tires first unbalanced then balanced. I did replace the G670s with Michelin XZA2 Energy tires, so clearly not a scientific comparison.

What I noticed is the ride is noticeably quieter and there is less vibration. Could just be the new tires, but as several have posted here - if it rotates and it can be balanced, it should be.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Never had my rears balanced nor use any other type of balancer. Even at 90+ I don't notice any extra shaking.
At 90+ you are lucky you can hear and see well!

I use Centrmatic balancers..... front and rear.... and have for 100k ...(they came with my 27k mile used coach).
I also have new tires spin balanced, (beads and Centramatics do not play nice together).
My theory is that any imbalance caused by tire wear is corrected by the Centramatics for the life or the tires.
It works for me.
Mel
'96 asfari sahara
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #50

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heartland RV Club
1 Word Centramaitcs!!!!!
F239141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #51

I checked with the Michelin customer care people before I bought my 8 tires and they said it was personal preference. Would not make a recommendation either way. I have decided to get them all spin balanced since the cost is minimal compared to the total investment.
creese40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:18 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by creese40 View Post
I checked with the Michelin customer care people before I bought my 8 tires and they said it was personal preference. Would not make a recommendation either way. I have decided to get them all spin balanced since the cost is minimal compared to the total investment.
Wow, you just revived a five year old post.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
Wow, you just revived a five year old post.

Wow, his very FIRST post.

Way to make someone feel welcome!!!

Tags
tires