Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbuskirk View Post
We have experienced both and depending on the layout of the coach I could go either way There are pros and cons associated with both so it all boils down to your requirements. If you are interested a smaller unit you might want the extra storage. Do you need additional sleeping capacity or secured seating when traveling? We currently have a table and chairs and with an atrium and we love it.( see attached)
That too is very nice and I like the TV not up over the cockpit.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #16

For us it's a table all the way. Booths are cramped, especially if entertaining. Trying to play cards or games at boot is also a bummer. Working on the computer, again it doesn't work very well. I would also say that a booth reminds me that I am in a RV while many people comment that our setup with the table and 4 chairs, 3 large windows and a eye level entertainment center makes it feel much more like a home. So practically and aesthetically a table wins hands down for us. JMO, YMMV.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:59 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another vote for freestanding table. This is our first motorhome, but we had a dinette in our boat a while back, and found it awkward. Another dinette in our popup-- very limited flexibility. Table was high on our list when shopping. Good choice for us.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:15 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
We are also table/chairs folks. Funny, reading this thread it seems there are more table/chairs votes but when we ordered our Entegra with the table/chairs option we were told they seldom get that request.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:47 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Table and charis for us as well. We had a booth in our previous motorhome but found it to be a bit cumbersome and not comfortable. I've moved our table to the end of the slide wall as we use it basically for a desk for our computer. It opens up the floor space a bit and makes the living area feel a bit larger that way.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
We have both. We have booths in the boat and camper.....but we need them to get the extra storage space that they provide. The MH has table and chairs which are much more comfortable. But, we don't need the extra storage space in the MH. So IMOP, the question of table and chairs or booth depends on the size of the RV and your storage needs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5379.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	608.3 KB
ID:	56219  
Old 02-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #21

For us, our chairs are rocking barrel chairs, much more like living room chairs. In our stick house, we never eat at the table anyway, so why would we do that in the RV. Most of the time we eat outside. My parents have a both in their motorhome, I don't really like it. It is uncomfortable to sit at. The backs are vertical, which may be OK for eating, but looses functionality any other time. To me a booth lacks versatility.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #22

We put a booth in ours. Requested that a free standing 30" table be installed and there be 24" of foot space between the seats. Works good, both of us can use our laptops and still have room for coffee cups, phones and camp ground directory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	211.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	56230  
G Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's a little light reading...a recent thread on the topic:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/dinet...th-190641.html

Our vote is for the booth. We could easily change it in our Outlaw, but did not.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...ml#post1742473

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Here's a little light reading...a recent thread on the topic: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/dinet...th-190641.html Our vote is for the booth. We could easily chang it in our Outlaw, but did not. Safe travels
More great input. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
We like the table and chairs. We have 2 full size chairs and 2 fold up chairs under the bed.

I myself don't care for dinette style.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #26

Interesting responses. Certainly not a one-size-fits-all topic. We've had two coaches with a booth with cloth seats and found them to be restrictive and a PIA to seat more than two people. Sliding in and out was also cumbersome on the cloth seating, however the storage was a minor plus. We now have a table and chairs and find this to be remarkably better for us. The corian table has no legs to get in the way and it has a 12" table insert for extending for 4 chairs. Even though its just the two of us, we find the extension to be very practical and use it almost all the time.

Not for everyone, but by far, we prefer the comfort and flexibility of the table and chairs.

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #27

We've got the booth dinette and it is a must for us as it converts to a bed and we need that. It is also nice having the extra storage for all the kids stuff.

If I had a table and chairs, I'd just have to pull it out and put a cot there. Like i said... We need the bed.

Some day when we are completely kidless, maybe the free standing table might work, but then we'd probably still pull it out so we'd have a place for the dog crates. Great Danes = very large crates!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneal View Post
...... seems there are more table/chairs votes but when we ordered our Entegra with the table/chairs option we were told they seldom get that request.
My guess: the dinette booth was standard, and they didn't want to have to make the change, so the salesman was trying to give you a gentle nudge.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote