Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #43

Country Coach Owners Club
To me, it's priorities. You can have people in a booth (belted) while moving, can't do that with a table. Also, many booths have tables that adjust, both vertically and horizontally so everyone can find the perfect fit. On the Country Coach line, they offer two different booths, the more traditional "J" booth (benches facing each other) and "U" booth, a 'C' shaped bench with a hexagonal table. The "U" booth set up is both comfortable and easier to play cards on.
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2014, 09:29 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSJC View Post
To me, it's priorities. You can have people in a booth (belted) while moving, can't do that with a table. Also, many booths have tables that adjust, both vertically and horizontally so everyone can find the perfect fit. On the Country Coach line, they offer two different booths, the more traditional "J" booth (benches facing each other) and "U" booth, a 'C' shaped bench with a hexagonal table. The "U" booth set up is both comfortable and easier to play cards on.
X2. . We needed to be able to use the booth table while driving.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #45

We have to vote for the booth. We have the four door refrig and could not get a pantry on the Winnebago 35 due to the wide refrig. The storage under the booth seats are very useful as we use it as a pantry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	INSIDE EATING AREA.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	56518  
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:31 AM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Traveler View Post
X2. . We needed to be able to use the booth table while driving.
+1 Our oldest son usually likes to sit at the table and read while we are driving and having the booth gives us a lot more sitting options (and most importantly lets us split the kids !) We also want / need the storage from the booth.

I do agree that chairs can be more comfortable than the booth and is easier to sit in and we do carry 2 folding chairs when we want extra / different seats.

I had a motorhome with a separate table and chairs and the chairs would move like crazy if not tied down.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:42 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelb View Post
I had a motorhome with a separate table and chairs and the chairs would move like crazy if not tied down.

I've traveled from Oregon to Georgia and have yet to have my table or chairs (4) to move a fraction of an inch. While I miss the storage option with the booth, I much prefer the table with actual chairs.

Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:46 AM   #48

We have a table with one leaf, two regular chairs and two matching folding chairs. I prefer the versatility of the table, since it can be moved or made larger or smaller. We usually use the leaf and the two regular chairs. We eat all our meals at the table as well as using it for other things. Since we're in a toyhauler, the living area is not as spacious so a booth would just take up too much room. We use the folding chairs in the garage at a desk table and craft/sewing table. It's also nice to have the chairs for extra seating since they can be moved anywhere. I used to strap the chairs down while traveling, but don't do that anymore and they stay put just fine.
Toys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #49

If I go to a restaurant I ask for a booth, why not on my RV?
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
I guess the booths in a restaurant are more roomy and people aren't walking around the back of you and bumping into your chairs?
Old 02-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
If I have a table in my home, why not have one in my home on wheels?
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post
I started this thread to get all kinds of input and I'm getting exactly what I wanted. I know there is no right or wrong answer definitively. I'm hearing all the pros and cons and taking it all in so I can look at the rigs differently from the time I walk in the door. Thank you for the input everyone. Keep them coming through all my threads.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:14 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post
I have a table too at my home but only use it for special occasions.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote