Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #15

I travel up and down the East Coast a lot and the only State that had a ruling about transporting a gun is Mass. All states in the South honor just about all CCLs and do not require one for you to have the gun in the MH
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #16

How often do you practice with wasp spray?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
How often do you practice with wasp spray?
Annual certification in north Texas is 3 months - June - August. Advanced training if you have a pool begins in May and runs through September.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

I have removed several posts for being off topic after I posted a warning. Please stay on the OP's topic.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #19

Generalizations about state firearm laws are dangerous. They are different in all states and often change. The two links in post 4 try to keep up todate and provide all the info needed so you don't have to guess.

Good Luck!
Wil
Old 12-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
You don't need a CC to transport a long gun in most any state in the USA. I would not make a trip down the east coast of the this country without some protection. If its under the bed or in a closet loaded who is going to care. I keep a loaded 357 snub nose revolver between the drivers seat and the wall on the floor. In a little soft case. It's out of sight and out of mind for the most part. Under the bed we keep an AR15 in a tactical case, loaded with a 30 shot mag and 2 more 30 shot mags in the case. In the toad I have a 22 mag 8 round revolver snub nose. Also have a double barrel 22 mag derringer handy in case I feel the need to conceal carry. Been lusting after a 357 sig glock. May have to be a birthday present. Picked up 4 new ARs and a couple of revolvers in the past 2 weeks.
I like the way you travel.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Besides interstate road travel legality, you also have to worry about campground rules. Every state park that I've camped in, forbids firearms.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #22

Thanks for the input. This will be our first trip down south in a motorhome and I plan on staying overnight in campgrounds suggested to me on this form instead of truck stops and Walmarts where I feel would be safer.I'm not a big gun owner but I do have a shotgun and a 38 special which I didn't think was allowed since my permit for Pa and I don't have a Utah permit. Will check these websites. Thanks again
Old 12-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormie View Post
Traveling from Pa to Florida in our motorhome and only have concealed permit for Pa. Is it legal to have shotgun in motorhome when going through these states? Feel like that some protection would be a good idea.
My hubby says to look at Handgunlaw.us for info.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormie View Post
Traveling from Pa to Florida in our motorhome and only have concealed permit for Pa. Is it legal to have shotgun in motorhome when going through these states?
For hard information, I suggest checking the following site, which gives
State-by-State Gun Laws/ Rules.

Included there are reciprocity agreements per your existing concealed carry permit.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTonyB View Post
Besides interstate road travel legality, you also have to worry about campground rules. Every state park that I've camped in, forbids firearms.
True but the inside of your MH is your home and you can carry as long AS IT'S INSIDE. I know because we volunteer in state parks as host and so far all of the rangers have stated that.
The two of us and Kota, a 25 lbs Teddy Bear breed, makes three. Living the life in a 41 Fleetwood Providence pulling a Ford F150. Our trip of a lifetime 2014 Alaska all the way to Fairbanks. unbelievable beauty . as you go by.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #26

Look for the 'Castle Law' It says that your home, camping trailer, car, truck are your castle. Same as your home. If that state has the Castle Law you can protect yourself with lethal means. If the State does not have the Castle Law then you need to really be careful.

Bear Spray, Wasp Spray, Mace, Pepper Spray seem like a good deterrent and is probably easier than cleaning up blood or patching holes in your castle. I currently do not have such sprays and am protected by other means...if you know what I mean.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #27

I was hit by law enforcement grade pepper spray once by mistake............took me out for about 30 min. Very painful!!!!!!! Does anyone know why you can't take bear spray into Canada?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
No mater what you use, REMEMBER It's better to be judged by 12 then cared by 6
Closed Thread