Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2016, 04:29 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Purchase From Simple Tire Online

This year is new tires for me and have found an OK price from Simple Tire, an online tire seller, and was told they would email me the date codes for my approval before shipping but would need to buy them first. I am looking at 295/75R/22.5 Hankook AH12 tires. Has anybody had experience with simple Tire? Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2016, 04:39 PM   #2
RDG

Bought from them a couple of times. No issues and fast shipping.
Bob
Old 04-22-2016, 04:50 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Bob, I'm really leaning towards them but want tires mfg within the last 3 to 6 months. The said they would furnish the date codes before shipping. Did you get the date codes? Thanks again
Rich
Old 04-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #4
RDG

Did not get the date codes but all were manufactured within 2 months of delivery.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks again, thats good to know. I thought they might sell a later product because of their volume. They are not the cheapest I've found but the only ones, so far, that have volunteered to give me the date codes. My local dealer said their tires are 9 mons out so that's about 10% of their life according to the 7 year rule.
Rich
Old 04-23-2016, 08:05 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I have not found Simple Tire to be any cheaper than my local commercial truck tire dealer. Their advertised prices look great, but by the time you add FET and shipping you get right back to dealer pricing, at least for dealers that are competitive. Challenge your local dealers to meet the Simple price (with FET and shipping added to the Simple price). If they can come within $10-$20 per tire, it's probably worth it to buy local.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:55 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I have not found Simple Tire to be any cheaper than my local commercial truck tire dealer. Their advertised prices look great, but by the time you add FET and shipping you get right back to dealer pricing, at least for dealers that are competitive. Challenge your local dealers to meet the Simple price (with FET and shipping added to the Simple price). If they can come within $10-$20 per tire, it's probably worth it to buy local.
Thanks Gary and the local dealer is only $5 per tire more but the date codes on their warehouse tires are 9 mons out. That's about 10% of their expected lifetime based on 84 months and that won't fly with me. I would rather buy from them and do for the other vehicles. They will install them so will still get a piece of me
Rich
Old 04-23-2016, 10:51 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Purchase From Simple Tire Online

Bought from them last July. They told me no date codes until I purchased. Told them to call the warehouse and get the date codes or I'm not buying. They did. They were one month old. Had them shipped to local installer, no problems, dates correct.

Simple Tire deals with many different warehouses and is just the middle man, they don't own the tires themselves.

Good, quick service. They got me brand new Michelin XRV's when EVERY other dealer said it was impossible to get them!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:24 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Bought from them last July. They told me no date codes until I purchased. Told them to call the warehouse and get the date codes or I'm not buying. They did. They were one month old. Had them shipped to local installer, no problems, dates correct.

Simple Tire deals with many different warehouses and is just the middle man, they don't own the tires themselves.

Good, quick service. They got me brand new Michelin XRV's when EVERY other dealer said it was impossible to get them!
Good to know. They told me I had to buy them too but I'm gonna do what you did. I'll accept anything made this year. Thanks
Rich
Old 04-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just got off the phone with simple tire and was quoted a born date of nearly a year out for Hankook AH12 295/75/22.5. Was also told they will no longer provide date codes for purchases and they claim tires can be up to 2 yrs old. Guess I'll have to start calling the dealers or truck tire sellers like Flying J. Thanks for all your feedback.
Rich
Old 04-25-2016, 01:14 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
+1 actually got them cheaper purchased in April last year date codes were Feb last year
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:28 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvarner View Post
and they claim tires can be up to 2 yrs old.
This is what you tell a supplier who says something so ridiculous: "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I can read the regs to you right here, I actually have them committed to memory, BECAUSE I WROTE THEM. It says if you are my supplier, you do business MY WAY or YOU"RE FIRED, and I'll find someone who wants your money in a New York minute. And then I tell my friends."

SimpleTires got me the date codes before I paid, and before they shipped. Guess they might be getting too big for their britches. And they beat my locals by 20% on the same tire.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:46 PM   #13

I got 6 Samson tires from them last year because they were so inexpensive I was expecting them to be a year old or so. I was surprised to see they where all only 2 to 3 months old. I would have thought it would have taken them longer to get here from Asia.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:47 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Join FMCA, their national buying program on Michelins
gets you great pricing on excellent tires. You will deal with
a local tire company for the "installation", and pay FMCA
directly for the tires.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase