Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-08-2015, 05:28 PM   #15

Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
Wow! I don't even slam the toilet seat down that hard.

Having no experience with one I would not know.
on my 02.... I fought with Fleetwood try'n to fix the rattles.... the micro wave will drive you nuts.....coming down cajone pass the front door blew open,,,,

seems like the tv fell out on that road,,,,

ive bought new bounders, bounder diesels,bounder classics,
expeditions , discovery's south winds, flairs, storms,work horse . freight liner, gm, and ford chassis... to say that the diesels are built better is so far from the truth...if you were blindfolded and put in the living area you can't tell on from the other...

in fact one of the most custom looking one from Fleetwood was my 06 pace arrow...

LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2015, 06:45 PM   #16
Originally Posted by ellisda1 View Post
We are in the process of purchasing our second Class A. We have two contenders, both from non-local dealers. I'd like some choosing the better option. The contenders : a 2004 Bounder 35E, gas, about 65k miles, and a 2002 Fleetwood 36T diesel with about 45 k miles. Price for both is virtually identical. Both appear to be in good shape, and have all of our requirements. We will camp primarily on the East coast, not full time. We might want to tow our Sonata (will require a tow dolly) which is about 3500 lbs. Assuming I can get comparable support and repairs from the respective dealers, is there a winner? Why? Would you recommend an Extended Service contract? From who?

Thanks for any suggestions!
you don't mention which power the diesel has, if it is the 260 hp you will be fine, not fast but fine, the 5.9 and the Allison 5 speed is fine for the coach even pulling a small car, you will not race to the top of any hills but you will get their comfortably and in a reasonable amount of time getting great fuel mileage, with the option high hp motor you will travel slightly quicker or tow slightly more but it still wont be a hot rod, although the Allison 3000 gives you a lot more room to add performance to the 5.9, the v 10 in the bounder however will not be the same in addition to the noise. no where near as tough a transmission, the 5.9 diesel will get better mileage, maintenance will be virtually identical for the two, the 5.9 is very easy to service as is the 2000 Allison tranny and the 3000 is slightly more complicated.

in this instance the built quality will be very similar, travelling will be much more pleasant in the diesel hands down, Spartan air susp, air brakes, exhaust brake (works well on 5.9) it is not much heavier at all, bounder has 19 in h wheels expedition has 22.5 which are easier to find and inho better.

as far as others posting here, clearly judging by the number of coaches they have purchased and are still not happy, that speaks for it self, they all have rattles, it goes with the territory,

here are the brochures

if the floor plans both work for you I would recommend the diesel

2001/2 Monaco Dynasty Chancellor 41 Tag Axle
370 ISL Allison MH3000, aqua hot, in motion sat
2008 United UXT 24' 10K car hauler
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #17

I'm happy love our "new" motorhome...
it only sets still long enough bto get detailed filled with fuel and back on the road... 4 camping trips in 4 weeks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sandy hollow 010.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	346.5 KB
ID:	88135   Click image for larger version

Name:	excursion wbikes 002.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	88137  

Click image for larger version

Name:	excursion tires coral pink 007.jpg