Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-22-2016, 07:52 AM   #1
Purchasing New Fleetwood Bounder

Hi! We will be purchasing our RV in a month. How did you deal with all the info during your orientation. We are thinking of making a video. Not sure if we should use iphone, video camera... We want to make sure we remember as much as possible and it seems very overwhelming! Any tips on what to look for, what to ask, what to do etc would be much appreciated!

lisalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2016, 08:41 AM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
If you have camped in a trailer or motorhome before, a lot of the information will be redundant. What you want to focus on is things that are unique to the coach you are buying. Video, notes, sound recording, whatever helps you remember is OK.

The best thing to do before you leave the dealer (see if you can stay a few days) is try everything with a switch or a knob and make sure it works and you understand what it does.

Good luck on your new coach!

Roger & Mary
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH
2012 Honda Fit toad
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #3
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Many dealerships will have a place on site to spend a few nights. See if this is available before you sign on the dotted line. I found in my 2 walkthroughs on 2 different coaches from 2 different dealers the people had general information and not specific to my year, manufacturer and model.
Lesson learned is take their comments with a grain of salt. Not sure I would need that to refer back to. Use the coach (at the dealer if possible or at least close to home) and definitely call FW with questions. They have been super helpful on my Bounder. Prior to that I had a Monaco (before REV took over) and they were also very helpful with specifics on my specific RV when I called them.
The owners manual is helpful albeit not specific to your model (most likely it will generalize). It is helpful to read it though.
There is no charge to ask questions of the manufacturer even after the warranty is up. Many people do not realize this and is a great resource of information (as well as this forum).

Let us know how it goes and congrats on the new rv. Enjoy it and know that it will not be perfect. The more you educate yourself about it the better off you wil most likely be.
'16 Bounder 35K - 5 Star Tune - Roadmaster RSSA
'16 Ford Focus - Blue Ox Avail towbar and baseplate - RViBrake2
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:28 AM   #4

Having just taken delivery in March and even though we have been on the road for 10 years, we stayed at the dealer for almost a week. That allowed us to find the little questions in living in the Bounder. Some of the things we had to ask were covered in the first run through but not everything registered until you try to do it.

If you can, plan a couple of days for pickup.
Dale & Mark Bruss
10 Years Full-Timing now 40' Travel Supreme
Now with a 2016 Bounder 33C
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #5
You may find this thread informative if purchasing a newer Bounder.
2016 Bounder Experience
The 2017 I saw at the Fleetwood Rally had a separate fresh water port in the service compartment this will make sense if you look at the thread. A similarly equipped 2017 Bounder is 20K more than a 2016 30th anniversary according to the MSRP sheets. The 2017 has cheaper appliances other than that they are practically identical.
Brenda & AL
2016 30th Anniversary Bounder 35K, 6 speed chassis
2013 Chevy Sonic, 2015 KTM 390 Duke
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote

bounder, fleetwood