RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #57

Years ago, Kenworth had a 8 bag system. Then they came out with the new AG air ride system, 4 bag........and it put the 8 bag system to shame. I know that because I bought a bunch of them.

Point being, you may be putting to much emphasis on the number of air bags.

The entire chassis plays a part in the ride and handle, as does the weight balance and aero dynamics on the rest of the build.

You really should take a few test drives, and my advice would be to let a Entegra be part of that list. You seem to be very focused on ride and handling, and Entegra has that.

That is not insinuating there are not other good coaches, just saying drive a few others, then drive a Entegra...........doesn't cost a dime to try them and learn.

Boyd R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd R View Post
Years ago, Kenworth had a 8 bag system. Then they came out with the new AG air ride system, 4 bag........and it put the 8 bag system to shame. I know that because I bought a bunch of them.

Point being, you may be putting to much emphasis on the number of air bags.

The entire chassis plays a part in the ride and handle, as does the weight balance and aero dynamics on the rest of the build.

You really should take a few test drives, and my advice would be to let a Entegra be part of that list. You seem to be very focused on ride and handling, and Entegra has that.

That is not insinuating there are not other good coaches, just saying drive a few others, then drive a Entegra...........doesn't cost a dime to try them and learn.
Yes you are right as far as Im putting emphasis on the 8 bag system. Im just trying to figure out what makes one handle better then the other. Im sure its multiple factors and rather I can afford to take advantage of the better system or not I do not know. I just like to know and learn everything I can. I really enjoy "learning"... I get interested in something and want to know it front to back. Just the way I am..

Ram-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
I was reading today about class a motorhomes handling and poor handling and the article was saying that a 4 bag airs system and an 8 bag air system was not based on quality of the motorhome but was based on the weight. Is this the case?If that is right than what makes some handle better than others that are comparable size and weight?I was on a manufactures website today looking at different models and the chassis was mentioned but that was it. # of bags not anywhere on the site?

The only 8/10 air bag chassis in current production are at the top. Country Coach, Monaco and Foretravel built them but the last one standing was Foretravel and I think they just quit building their own chassis. The current crop of coaches are all on one flavor or the other of Freightliner or Spartan 4/6 bag chassis. The differences between coaches of similar weight is minor.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:26 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
The only 8/10 air bag chassis in current production are at the top. Country Coach, Monaco and Foretravel built them but the last one standing was Foretravel and I think they just quit building their own chassis. The current crop of coaches are all on one flavor or the other of Freightliner or Spartan 4/6 bag chassis. The differences between coaches of similar weight is minor.
Tiffin builds their own "Powerglide" chassis with Cummins power and Allison transmissions. They are found on the Breeze, one or two Phaetons and most if not all the Allegro Bus models. I'm not sure if the Zephyr is Powerglide or something else. The Powerglide chassis seems to be pretty well respected as a quality chassis from every thing I have read.
jt
harleyjt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:26 PM   #61

Quote:
Will do Bama. I will probably look back at this thread some day and won't believe all the stupid questions I asked you guys.. Also I seen you live in Murfreesboro... I used to spend a lot of time in Shelbyville. I was in the horse business for about 25 years..
Totally off topic, lol, but Oooooh, what kind of horses? I may have a few dumb questions for you. Going to have to buy another horse within the next year.
wildeflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:00 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildeflowers View Post
Totally off topic, lol, but Oooooh, what kind of horses? I may have a few dumb questions for you. Going to have to buy another horse within the next year.
We were in the Spotted Saddle Horse business for a couple of years and then Tennessee Walking horses for about 20. We used to keep about 40 head in brood mares, babies and string of show horses.
Ram-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #63

Quote:
We were in the Spotted Saddle Horse business for a couple of years and then Tennessee Walking horses for about 20. We used to keep about 40 head in brood mares, babies and string of show horses.
Neat! I need a SAFE Hunter that has the scope to do 3'6", and of course everything I like around here costs more than the RV did.
wildeflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
One more to add! Put Entegra above Tiffin and Newmar.. Very few option added. ENTEGRA coaches come fully loaded. Basicly the only options they offer depending on model would be 1-Slide tray 2-Dishwasher 3-Additional awning 4-Sat dish.
That's it! Everything else is standard.

Big Dawg9 is offline   Reply With Quote