Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #1

Quadra Jacks Levelers?

I have a class C but am posting this in the class A section as leveling systems are much more common here -
I would really appreciate any thoughts the group has...

We have decided to add a Quadra Jacks leveling system. They have two basic options.

1) Bigfoot series - 4 pumps, 1 for each jack

2) EZ series - 1 pump for the entire system

I have been wrestling back & forth with which system to get.

The Bigfoot series is about $900 more.

I get that it's a better unit.

But do we need it. We are mostly weekend campers in the summer months plus a 1 - 2 full week trip every year (i.e., we're not using the unit 24 / 7). We hope to have the unit for awhile (up to 9 years)

Does anyone have any recommendations or thoughts?

Thanks!
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #2

I love my Big Foot levelers. I can lift my 41 ft diesel without a problem.

Having said that they may be over kill for Cl C.
rexabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #3

can't say for the brand as my coach (33ft weighs apx 16000 lbs) has HWH levelers, all 4 work off the same pump, it works beautifully. As to if you need it, thats up to you, I really love the jacks because it simplifies the setup operation and the fridge has to be level when not in motion. Would be alot more hassle to have to fool with blocks, jacks, stands etc.
redfire312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bigfoot EZ leveling system

My last RV was a 31 ft Chateau 31F from Thor. I traded it in last spring for my Class A Challenger 37KT. But to get to your question, I installed the Bigfoot EZ system on my 31F and it was more than enough. I purchased it direct from the factory for around $1,100.00, mounted the jacks and pump onto the frame, powered it from my coach battery and installed the control panel in the control console mid-coach where the slides, water-heater, generator control, and tank level indications were.

The instructions were easy to follow and it took me only a day to complete the entire install. The EZ system would easly lift the entire coach off the ground without even trying. If I remember correctly, each jack for the EZ system is rated at 14k Lbs. The single pump design was more than enough and I never felt like it struggled.

In fact I wish I had the system on my Class A. The hydraulic shafts on the EZ are twice as thick as the LCI system I currently have. The front jacks on my 37kt have already been replaced once due to being bent when the system inadvertantly lifted the front of the Mo-Ho off the ground. The auto-leveling system was not calibrated correctly. I never worried about lifting the class c off the ground. This same system is used on emergency vehicles and is very solid. I now know and appreciate how great a system it was.

So yes, the EZ system is more than capable in leveling your Class C. I was completely impressed with the design, ease of installation and the performance for the more than four years that I owned my class C. Its also considerably cheaper than other lesser systems. I did not have the auto leveling feature on my EZ system. Which, as I have learned, auto leveling is not always a good thing. The company was also very easy to do business with.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.
camaromance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks