Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #1

Quartzsite, don't know what to do?

So we will be coming into Quartzsite on Wednesday morning, planning to spend 3 days there and check it all out. No reservations, want to dry camp.

We are coming in on I 10 West bound from Phoenix. Not sure how we find where to park, setup etc. Is there someplace /direction we should look?

Do we need to check in with the BLM?

Don't want to wander around in 65' of motorhome and trailer? Thanks for any help!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
So we will be coming into Quartzsite on Wednesday morning, planning to spend 3 days there and check it all out. No reservations, want to dry camp.

We are coming in on I 10 West bound from Phoenix. Not sure how we find where to park, setup etc. Is there someplace /direction we should look?

Don't want to wander around in 65' of motorhome and trailer? Thanks for any help!

L.
Take exit 19 from I-10 and right at the top of the ramp. Immediate left turn at the light and you'll be heading west parallel to I-10 on Main st. Proceed to US-95 and turn left or right. Once out of town on 95 just pick a spot where others are. If you want to pay for BLM services, a central dump and water but not much else. We go about 5 miles south to La Paz Valley road and camp anywhere on the right. You get what you pay for, 0=0, but a nice bunch of folks and never had security issues.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:03 PM   #3

There are lots of BLM sites. The ones we have used for several years, turn North on 95 towards Parker, in 3 to 5 miles on the right you will see hundreds of RV's. Just pull in and find a place to park. No reservation required. These are not traditional type sites, just empty desert. You will enjoy the peace and quiet.
rmbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post

L.
your lucky because right now its just one big wet cold mud hole
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #5

Here are some BLM areas:

http://www.rv-camping.org/quartzsiteaz/

We like Plomosa and Scadden areas

Here's another site for info: http://qzchamber.com/camp.htm

Come in with a lot of patience.... this is the busiest time! To get to the 'Big Tent' area on I-10/95 I suggest you leave your campsite super early in the morning - 7-8am and park in a spot that you'll be able to head back home in the correct direction without having to turn around.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Here are some BLM areas:

Arizona RV camping Quartzsite | RV Camping

We like Plomosa and Scadden areas

Here's another site for info: Camping in and around Quartzsite

Come in with a lot of patience.... this is the busiest time! To get to the 'Big Tent' area on I-10/95 I suggest you leave your campsite super early in the morning - 7-8am and park in a spot that you'll be able to head back home in the correct direction without having to turn around.
I thought the rv show etc etc was finished sunday nite?
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:33 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Your other choice is , directly across the street from the big white top tent where all the vendors are is Rice Ranch. Last year it was $7 dry camping plenty of room. Short walk across street to see everything no fighting all the traffic once you are parked.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:39 AM   #8

Where are the dump and water options?
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:57 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by what next View Post
Your other choice is , directly across the street from the big white top tent where all the vendors are is Rice Ranch. Last year it was $7 dry camping plenty of room. Short walk across street to see everything no fighting all the traffic once you are parked.
For a short stay that's what I would do. I've camped all over the area, it is great just camping in the desert but for just the RV show with the traffic, close is best.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:35 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by select55 View Post
your lucky because right now its just one big wet cold mud hole
Ya mean you can't DRY camp right now???
Tahoejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
It's wet haven't seen mud with all sand grave. La Posa South for water and dump and camping, $40 for 2 weeks. 2.3 miles south from last light on 95.

LEN
Old 01-21-2017, 08:33 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Easiest with a rig your size, is the 14 day area. From exit 19, turn left (south) follow to end. turn left (east) follow for about 1.5 miles through turn. 14 day area on the right it well marked, pretty gravelly and hard packed for your size rig. Stay closer to the road until the rains calm down due to the condition of the tarmac. Keep your stuff locked up, with 50,000 other folks around things tend to get little feet and walk off to find better food.

Easiest fuel, will be to your right when you exit at the Chevron. Grocery stores in town are limited so bring your own from Phoenix. Bring plenty of drinking water, it is the desert. Expect to pay $15 for dump and water, if less, then don't drink the water!
Old 01-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve11669 View Post
Where are the dump and water options?
On main street you will see several dump and get water spots. Just north of main on 95 is The Pit Stop very well organized dump, water, propane place. It is a pit stop.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 01-21-2017, 12:31 PM   #14

We drove to quartzite once from Phoenix and we found a 14 day blm spot just before the town. It was on the left side...just pulled in stopped and a guy came out of his motorhome to greet us. He was the registration person he asked how long we were staying I replied two nights he said just park anywhere.....no registration required for just two nights.

If we stayed longer it was still free but we would have needed a tag in our windshield and they said after 14 days we would have to move down the road to a different piece of blm land.

We walked to the town from our camp. Can't remember what it was called...Maybe some one knows.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite