Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Queen Radius Cut Sheets

We have a Premier Edition Sleep Number Bed with radius cut corners at the foot of the Matress. It is 60 x 80 and regular queen sheets work but are a bit of a pain to deal with. Anyone have a good source for good quality radius cut sheets? Thanks much!

Steve for Annie (She cares about such things. Me, not so much but would like to make her smile)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I found these (but expensive!)
For Home... And Wherever You Roam (ABLifestyles.net) / 100% cotton Airstream Travel Trailer Sheet Sets by AB Lifestyles

Could try here (perhaps custom):
RV Sheets, RV Sheet Sets, RV Comforters for your RV, Truck, Camper, Motor Home | Advanced Bedding

RV Sheets, Motorhome Bedding, Camper or Motorhome Linens Custom Made

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car
I found these (but expensive!)
Thank you! I knew they would be. Hard to believe how expensive good quality sheets are these says even without a radius cut. Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
radius cut?

We do not have our mh yet and are shopping. What exactly is the difference in the size/shape of the beds? What is meant by "radius cut"? Thanks as always!
Weimaraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Happy to help! Good luck w/your new sheets!

Weimaraner: A radius cut means that the corners at the foot of the bed are rounded off, like the small picture illustration over this mattress:

Sleep Number RV Premier Bed - Radius Cut - Product - Camping World

As far as RV bed sizes go, they're not always the same as residential beds. For example, some RV "Queen" beds are actually a little shorter than a queen bed for your house would be. Same with some of the RV "king" beds. If this is an issue for you, be sure to check out the specific bed measurements in the RVs you're looking at. Hope this helps!

Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weimaraner
We do not have our mh yet and are shopping. What exactly is the difference in the size/shape of the beds? What is meant by "radius cut"? Thanks as always!
Go6car was on the case again!

Let me just say that the radius cut does not impact sleeping for us. It does make navigating the foot of the bed a little easier as it provides a little room to get around the bed. I think in our case we could actually get by nicely without the cut. But that's what we have.

As for the sheets - we can and do use regular queen sheets and they are fine by me. But that said - they are a little untidy for Annie's liking. We could go military and use two flat sheets but I don't want to relive that lol. Believe it or not - Annie puts military corners on the top sheet at home and on the road. Me - who cares but you know I can't complain about that and want to keep her happy. Seems a small price to pay - just glad I only need a couple sets. Egyptian cotton is priced like it comes straight from King Tuts tomb.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=flaggship1;1445454]Go6car was on the case again!

LOL! Just extra time on my hands this morning!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I second making sure about the size of the bed. Just cause they say it's a certain size it may not take that size sheet. You really don't want to buy several sets to then find out that they won't fit.
The following table should help:
Crib Mattress Size: 28" x 52"
Twin Mattress Size (Single): 39" x 75"
Full Mattress Size (Double): 54" x 75"
Long Twin Mattress Size: 36" x 80" (Most beds in college dorms have long twin mattresses)
Queen Mattress Size: 60" x 80"
King Mattress: 76" x 80"
California King Mattress Size: 72" x 84
As for anything that says "RV King" or "RV Queen" or any mattress with RV in front means that the size can be WAY off what is normal and normal sheets may not fit at all. If it seems the sheets should fit but the corners seem too short try looking for the deep pocket ones. Our new queen mattress is a pillow-top and required us to give away all our less than a year old sheet sets and buy all brand new deep pocket sets.
Here's an idea for those that need something to keep the corners on the bottom sheet, try Sheet Straps. We got them Kmart for about $5. Put them on the corners and it keeps them from coming off. We then got anther set of the straps to keep the tablecloth from slipping on the picnic table, have not tried that idea yet but we think it should work.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks PyrateSilly.
Also there is a Queen Short someones used I'm RVs which is 60" X 75" I believe. There are some unique radius cuts as well - on corner radius only - the other corner standard. And as you said - there are some that were made for a given unit / space that need to be looked into.

Seems a "silly" thing fretting over sheets but hey 1 they are expensive and 2 you will visit them nightly. Best to take a tape measure with you before you buy. You will know what you're getting into every night.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
This is all really helpful as we set out searching for our perfect first MH! I will bring a tape measure! We really need a real king bed, because we have two beagles and a large Weimaraner sleeping with us!
Weimaraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Just get a standard queen fitted bottom sheet. Put it on and than pin pleats in the corner. Once pinned, transfer the pleats to the inside , sew and trim as needed. Sure beats paying for custom sheets and not hard to do at all.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote