Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2016, 12:51 PM   #1

Question about floorplans

We are looking at Class A DP and we find that we really like the floorplan with the living room up front with a corner tv and fireplace. Like the Winnie Tour 42QD. Anyone know a way to search used motorhomes, other brands, by that type of floorplan? It does not seem like the most common floorplan.

Also anyone have that floorplan they can comment on? We like it because it feels a little homey with a separate living room and its the best angle for viewing movies. I really dont want to have to sit on the couch with my head turned to watch tv.

Thanks!
matthew6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #2

You might try searching for "L-Shaped Sofa" or something along those lines. I also like that setup and it seems it's becoming more common. The old days of numerous straight couches seem to be finally coming to an end.

I know Entegra offers some great floor plans with the L-Shaped sofa and TV/fireplace like you are talking about.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
You might try searching for "L-Shaped Sofa" or something along those lines. I also like that setup and it seems it's becoming more common. The old days of numerous straight couches seem to be finally coming to an end.

I know Entegra offers some great floor plans with the L-Shaped sofa and TV/fireplace like you are talking about.

I looked at some new Entegra Aspires and Anthems. I was a bit disappointed with the fit and finish. Trim didn't quite line up, section of wall loose above the driver side slide. Wallpaper seam loose. We had Entegra on our list but now looking for like the Winnie Tour 42 E or maybe a Newmar. Newmar offers the floorplan on their Dutch Star 4018 but I have not found one close by to look at yet.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:43 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Just go to the manufacturer's web site and look at the floor plans.
Cousin Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
Just go to the manufacturer's web site and look at the floor plans.

I did but I'm looking used and didn't see much for previous year floor plans.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew6279 View Post
I did but I'm looking used and didn't see much for previous year floor plans.
Most manufacturers have a brochure archive where you can find floor plans for previous years. Usually you need to look at the pages for current owners to find them ie the service, support, resources, etc links. I agree it is not always easy to find older brochures as each manufacturer hides them differently.

When I was narrowing floor plans down I also looked at some of the larger used dealer pages like pplmotorhomes where they showed floor plans, pictures and model numbers. I would then search rvt, rvtrader, craigslist for that model number.

I found my Suncruiser 38J at a local consignment dealer the same week he received it based on his craigslist ad that showed up on my craigslist search tool app.

Mike
mikelcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:58 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Something to be aware of, many corner TVs cannot be seen well from either the sofa and/or the table. Be sure to sit in both places and check the view from there.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:05 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
We have the Tour QD and really like the L shaped couch. Added bonus is the high back on the couch. Many of the other manufacturers install a lower back so for me is not as comfortable.

The television on our unit is hinged so we can watch from the dining table if desired. Other option is to eat dinner on the couch. My coach - my rules. The ottomans make an acceptable dining table. If not the top of the ottoman makes a nice lap table.