Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-16-2015, 06:09 AM   #1
Arrow Question on TV location

We have a Thor Palazzo 2016 33.2. We would like to move the TV to the wall at the end of the couch. Has anyone moved theirs and/or knows how to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Just like in your home. Get a wall mount bracket and attach the TV to it in the new location. Make sure it's anchored securely to studs in the wall. The difficult part will probably be getting the cable to the new location and hiding it in the wall or behind something.

barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:57 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
That's the one bad setup in our Monaco....
I call it our 'crick-in-the-neck' tv room!

front tv over dash facing back and midship tv facing forward....

NO comfortable seating - I will probably get another tv to stand behind the curb side sofa where there is a ledge and just put it on the bed when traveling...
we don't have a good wall to mount it on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7dont_copy.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	114258   Click image for larger version

Name:	8dont_copy.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	114259  

If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Tide, don't know if this will help since we have different coaches, but this is what I did. We love it!

The head-banger is finally GONE!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #5
Thanks Joe and Annette!! That looks so good!! I know you're happy to have that head banger outta there! My mom has an RV like yours and they hit their heads all the time!! I'm going to show her what you did and I bet they'll do theirs like that too!! Thanks for all the pictures and the message. I think I'll take mine to a radio shop or something to see what I can get done. I just wanted to see if my husband could do it....he says he's afraid to mess with it. This is our first RV so he's not real keen on moving the TV ...but it's in a bad spot and not comfortable for sitting and watching it. So maybe he'll get motivated to do it now that he can see yours.
Thanks again!!!
Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:21 PM   #6
Thor Owners Club
Easy move

Just moved my tv from the front to a location above the entry door. Other than dealing with paper covered wood it was no problem.. This was on a 36FD
Hoegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:39 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to Wild Bill Ed Send a message via Yahoo to Wild Bill Ed
Hey Tide,
Thanks for asking this question and Thanks for sharing the link MSCampers!! Great Job

It is now on my list for my Panther if I can find it... B

1999 Safari Continental Panther Gold 425 CAT C12
1965-1970 U.S.Navy Naval Air Helicopter Inst Instr
TrailerToadw/24 ft Feather Lite & 1955 Porsche an
ATV, & an Old Town Kevlar Canoe, Solar Promoter, Generator delete, Dry Camper
Wild Bill Ed is offline   Reply With Quote